crest whitestrips - has anybody tried these

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I found a coupon in the newspaper for $7 off crest whitestrips, so I figured I might as well try them. Now I've got my first set on my teeth. :)

Has anybody tried these? What were your results?

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Yup, and they work. I could see differences after about 5 strips. The bad thing is that they're not long enough, so I have to put them on my side teeth to balance them out more.

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
I haven't used them myself, but I've heard they work very well.

I think my dad used them, and his teeth turned out pretty good.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Yup, and they work. I could see differences after about 5 strips. The bad thing is that they're not long enough, so I have to put them on my side teeth to balance them out more.

Don't expect them to change that; it just gets you to buy more strips..

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
yep, they work. My mouth salivates intensely when I use them, so I have to keep my mouth closed and let it all build up in there for 30 minutes without swallowing. (it tastes kinda crappy and gives me a stomach ache if I swallow the chemicals). Overall it works nicely. I try to play video games or watch a movie while they're in to keep my mind off of it and make the time seem to go by faster.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
yep... i have them... they do taste weird but you get used to it. :) they only cover the front teeth... or the ones people can see when you smile. :D

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Originally posted by: BillGates
yep, they work. My mouth salivates intensely when I use them, so I have to keep my mouth closed and let it all build up in there for 30 minutes without swallowing. (it tastes kinda crappy and gives me a stomach ache if I swallow the chemicals). Overall it works nicely. I try to play video games or watch a movie while they're in to keep my mind off of it and make the time seem to go by faster.

Cotton balls? I tried that tonight cuz I was salivating like crazy and it helped.

Also, did any of you experience that sensitivity that they're talking about in the instructions?

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
I've always wondered about them..but they're extremely expensive.

I bought the night effects liquid thing instead last week...so far, I'm not sure about the results (i've been using it for 5 days now i believe). I'm so afraid that it'll wash away so for about 15-20 minutes after I apply I look like I'm grinning. It's supposed to be used at night while you sleep..but I'm just so paranoid about it washing away and wasting. I dunno...says I should see results in about 14 days. ::shrugs::

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Originally posted by: nativesunshine
I've always wondered about them..but they're extremely expensive.

I bought the night effects liquid thing instead last week...so far, I'm not sure about the results (i've been using it for 5 days now i believe). I'm so afraid that it'll wash away so for about 15-20 minutes after I apply I look like I'm grinning. It's supposed to be used at night while you sleep..but I'm just so paranoid about it washing away and wasting. I dunno...says I should see results in about 14 days. ::shrugs::

I asked a friend about the whitestrips, and she said her dentist recommended them over the liquid whiteners...

Shrug, good luck - let me know if that stuff works :)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
My Mom has worked in the dental industry for just short of 30 years and told us to buy products that have carbamide peroxide as the active ingredients. We buy these kits called "Optiwhite". It's a 4oz bottle of gel and two trays that cup around 3/4 of your teeth. You just squirt the gel into the trays and let the trays sit in your mouth for 30 minutes. You do this for a week and you'll see good results. You can then squirt a little bit of the gel onto your toothbrush along with your toothpaste to help maintain the whiteness.

The gel has lasted forever and I think the kit itself was only around $8.00.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Well, my mom has worked in the dental industry for about 20 years, so I guess I should have asked her. :p

This was a spur of the moment decision to buy this stuff when I saw the coupon.

$13 isn't going to be too much of a waste if it doesn't work that well.

:)

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: toolgirl
Originally posted by: BillGates

Cotton balls? I tried that tonight cuz I was salivating like crazy and it helped.

Also, did any of you experience that sensitivity that they're talking about in the instructions?

Yeah, that's a good idea actually. My girlfriend has tried all the various products out there (at least the stuff you can get at Walmart/Target) and always gets the Whitestrips. The paint on stuff was a real pain in the arse from what she said.

I haven't had any problems with sensitivity, though I usually get bored after I do my first treatment in a day and skip the second one. I've only done 2 in one day once or twice and have more than half the box gone. I have still seen an improvement.

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
i've used the paint on stuff w/ mixed results... just can bring myself to spend 20+ bucks on the strips

though if they're as good as everyone says they are, i just might use them

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
It works fine, but just weeks after using them (3/4 of the box), my teeth are discolored again. Of course, I'm drinking coffee daily and smoking off and on again (lately). :frown: