Info Creepy Joe nibbles on young girl during trip to Finland

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

"President Biden appeared to nibble at the shoulder of a startled little girl during his departure from Helsinki on Thursday.

A video of the incident, which took place as the president greeted embassy staff members and their families before he boarded Air Force One at Helsinki-Vantaan International Airport, shows Biden leaning into a young girl and placing his mouth on her shoulder as he nibbled lightly.

The little girl — who appeared frightened during the experience — later turned her head when Biden, who will turn 81 in November, tried to give her a peck on the head."

While it is common for politicians to kiss babies, that is usually during a campaign. This is not the first time he has been creepy with girls. Definitely raises eyebrows IMO.

What about Trump?

What about Trumpanzees?

What about Jan 6?

What about GOP stealing scotus seats and stealing our rights?

What about Rich getting richer and the poor getting shafted?

What about George Santos?

What about MTG?

What about Bobo?

What about Putin and WW3?

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What about Trump?

What about Trumpanzees?

What about Jan 6?

What about MTG?

What about Bobo?

I think my sarcasm meter just broke or this is the biggest example of whataboutism I have ever seen on the internet. :eek:

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
I guess this is going to change your mind about voting for Biden. The last couple years of economic and job growth,, stability in decision making and repairing broken standing in NATO and the U.N. were just shattered by this incident. Just about as shocking as Dijon mustard or a tan suit. Hell, this is as shocking as ordering dijon on a burger while wearing a tan suit and giving Michele a "terrorist fist bump" on stage!

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I admit I'm not a huge fan of the "What aboutism" and it doesn't look any better on liberals than it does conservatives.

So to address the OP regardless of how futile it might be, Biden is old and at a certain point old people just kinda stop giving a shit.

Biden just wanted to get a rise out of a little kid and didn't do some generic manufactured baby smooching thing that didn't play well on camera.

"You're so sweet I could just eat you up" is such a common turn of phrase for oldies to say to kids and babies, I can see what he was going for here.

Unfortunately shit like this will be used in the conspiracy theory circles as more "proof" and that the mask slipped somehow (and was exposed on Yahoo news of all god damn things).

Reactions: Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
What about Trump?

What about Trumpanzees?

What about Jan 6?

What about MTG?

What about Bobo?

Conservatives have absolutely zero sense of proportion.

Reactions: Pohemi and Indus

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
He let in a bazillion illegals, let crime and inflation run rampant, gave away billions in vote buying schemes, etc., etc., etc.
Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Better get your ass to a priest for confession for that post. Judging from most headlines these days I’m pretty sure the penance your priest assigns may involve nibbling but it probably won’t be your shoulder.

• Haha

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We always see in others the sins we unconsciously what to do. People who have been made to hate their own sexuality, that means most all Christians, are going to suspect others of having any and all manner of lusts. This is where all the horse shit about liberal pedophile secret societies originates, in the brains of the sexually mentally ill.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sure, "some" grandpas might do that to their relatives.. but I dunno about Biden. Seems like the situation doesnt pass the sniff test if you ax me. Something creepy going on.

Lol! If you interacted with normal humans you’d know that it’s common behavior when people bring their babies to you. You aren’t aware of this because you are a creep and have really poor social skills.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I think my sarcasm meter just broke or this is the biggest example of whataboutism I have ever seen on the internet. :eek:

The point being you shouldn't ignore the bazillion evil vile things your party perpetrates on a daily hourly basis while you nitpick and disingenuously blow out of proportion a single curiously awkward thing that Papa Joe had done without any intention of doing what you're accusing him of. It's a bad look on your part and it exemplifies the underhanded means to an end your party exploits in order to rule the nation from a minority party status.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I admit I'm not a huge fan of the "What aboutism" and it doesn't look any better on liberals than it does conservatives.

So to address the OP regardless of how futile it might be, Biden is old and at a certain point old people just kinda stop giving a shit.

Biden just wanted to get a rise out of a little kid and didn't do some generic manufactured baby smooching thing that didn't play well on camera.

"You're so sweet I could just eat you up" is such a common turn of phrase for oldies to say to kids and babies, I can see what he was going for here.

Unfortunately shit like this will be used in the conspiracy theory circles as more "proof" and that the mask slipped somehow (and was exposed on Yahoo news of all god damn things).
I'm not a fan of it either, but what's going on here isn't really whataboutism.

Whataboutism is when figure A and figure B have been doing comparable things and supporters of either group are more critical when the opponent does it but more passive about it when their guy does it. Biden's and Trump's actions are not even remotely comparable.

Whether this incident was Biden doing it, Bernie, Trump, Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg or Adolf freaking Hitler, it's not even remotely remarkable IMO. Even FDC and Greenman despite stating that it's "creepy" can't even express a solid argument about why anyone should give two shits about it. IMO the only remarkable thing about it is how the right-wing media has conservatives (like these two plus blackangst1 on the P&N humour thread) so well-programmed that they respond identically and none of them demonstrate any kind of basis for their reasoning; FDC started blathering about illegals, blackangst1 going to far as to say he'd knock a elderly stranger out in a supermarket if they did that to his daughter and he thinks that everyone else here would react the same. It's fucking 1984-daily-hate weird.

Coming back to this 'current event' - when I was a kid, one of my uncles had this routine each time they saw me / my siblings where they would do this pantomime that I think was something like mimicking putting an imaginary person in a headlock (or something similar) and saying, "get out of that". It was an odd thing to do and I don't recall that we ever played into it at all, but that topic in our family barely warranted two sentences said about it in total, ever. To my knowledge that uncle didn't do ever anything else that was remotely suspect. This story seems about as remarkable as this anecdote with my uncle, a person that I have no great attachment to.

I'm almost curious enough to search this forum to find the original discussion about the outrage surrounding Obama's tan suit; I bet his detractors here were showing a bizarrely stunted ability to express their problem with it then as they are with this topic.

gothuevos

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2010
Honestly it was a bit cringe and if the kid had laughed/giggled instead it would have looked a bit more normal.

But it kind of reminds me of when the GOP tried to shame Biden for that heartbroken voicemail he left Hunter. Like sociopathic type of coldness from them these days.

Reactions: dank69 and Pohemi

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It’s more that when conservatives pretend to care about this shit we don’t have to pretend to believe them.
I only care in that it's creepy. I don't know anyone that likes creepy old men. Honestly, I don't much care for creepy people in general. I guess that makes me a creepest. I'm ok with that.

• Haha

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Oh, okay. Let's cut to the chase.
In the election between a creep and a rapist, who will you vote for?
With no other choices, it would be the creep. Since that particular choice hasn't ever come up, I'm not all that worried about it.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I've talked about illegal immigration?
Lets not mention that racism thing to my Mexican wife, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.
White man gets rich off brown people's illegal labor good, brown people illegally coming across the border bad.