Fhistleb

Mar 26, 2008
What are some good ways to build credit? i'm tired of not being able to get anything, starting life sucks.

Fhistleb

Mar 26, 2008
I know about that much, that could get me for life, all I have going for me is I have a Cell phone with the bill under my name.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
Incur some debt that requires monthly payments. Make those payments and your credit will go up.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Just out of curiosity, does having a couple credit cards and paying them off in full every month do much to build credit or just a little?

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: wetcat007
Just out of curiosity, does having a couple credit cards and paying them off in full every month do much to build credit or just a little?

1. Length of credit - whether you use it or not - That's primary #1
2. Ratio of credit availale to credit used - you have it but you're not in debt up to your eyeballs... shows responsibility.
3. Credit available vs income - See #2
4. Number of late payments - Common sense

These are the major factors to building credit.

In reference to the OP.... it just takes time. If you excercise these simple rules you'll be in the high 700's in a few years. Only have 2-3 credit cards... never run them up and always pay them off.

Beattie

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

2. Ratio of credit availale to credit used - you have it but you're not in debt up to your eyeballs... shows responsibility.

Uhh, no. Well, good guess anyway. The only one that's even on the actual list is the first one and it's not the most important.

Your Payment History and Amounts owed are more important when determining the score than length of your credit history. And your income has nothing to do with it at all.

http://www.quickenloans.com/mo...cles/credit-score.html

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Beattie
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Uhh, no. Well, good guess anyway. The only one that's even on the actual list is the first one and it's not the most important.

Your Payment History and Amounts owed are more important when determining the score than length of your credit history. And your income has nothing to do with it at all.

http://www.quickenloans.com/mo...cles/credit-score.html

Did you read your own list? I see 1, 2, and 4 on it.