credit issues

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
i had an issue with bally's, but i was absolved of the negative credit report. bally's cleared me and they issued a letter which i still have.

this matter is over 10 years old.

the problem is that this blot keeps reappearing. the credit will stay clear for a while, but then some collection agency will send out some letter asking me to pay the amount.

the agencies are real pricks. they don't care about the letter stating this debt has been resolved. they want their money. what's worse, is that they keep changing the inception date for this debt. it's gone from 1995 to 1999 to 2001 and it'll probably be 2005 now. isn't it illegal to keep altering the date?

other than writing to the credit agencies and telling them that first of all, this is over 10 years old, and finally, that this matter was resolved long ago with bally's themselves, how can i get this problem done with once and for all. and please, if you're going to say "pay it off," no offence, but sod off. bally's themselves determined that this debt was not mine to begin with.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You need to write a letter to each of the credit agency's, there's no way around it, you could also try contacting an attorney who deals with this sort of thing, but of course that will cost money in itself.

Did you pay Bally's? They sold the account and it is being resold so afaik it can stay active.

I've had similar problems but luckily I finally got sold to an agency that listened.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
I resolved it with Bally's and have a letter stating that the debt has been resolved. I think what happened is that the matter was resolved after it was sold, and these agencies keep reselling the debt or something.

If I have to keep doing this, I guess I have to. I was hoping there was a way to end this once and for all though.

Originally posted by: xyyz
I resolved it with Bally's and have a letter stating that the debt has been resolved. I think what happened is that the matter was resolved after it was sold, and these agencies keep reselling the debt or something.

If I have to keep doing this, I guess I have to. I was hoping there was a way to end this once and for all though.

That is exactly what happened.

Anyway how have you gotten it removed in the past? Disputes through the bureaus or through the agencies.
Keep trying. Dispute through the bureaus. As a last report you can put an addendum on your report.

Under no circumstances though do you pay anything thinking you'll do it just to get it over with.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
well the guy who was assigned to me seemed nice. he was faxed the letter and the matter was escalated to another department.

they've told me they'll mark this as resolved and i'll be purged once and for all.