Credit card company customer service reps

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Since they handle highly sensitive data I'm just wondering how thorough their background checks are.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I would think "Can you at least attempt to speak english and have a pulse?" If so, you get the job.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
These are slightly higher paid burger flippers, don't expect much from them.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Which company? You would most likely be bonded so that's why they do it...most of them (I live in DE aka credit card capital of the world and most people I know work for one of them) will do a standard background check. Something like drugs or drunk and disorderly several years ago isn't necessarily a bad thing....theft by deception, check forging, larceny, etc will probably be deal breakers. Definitely don't lie since it will show up and lying on an application is usually grounds for immediate termination.

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
does it matter? why not apply and if you don't get the job so what? i don't think there is anything you can do to better your situation. if you are not a criminal you'll probably be fine.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
How do you define highly sensitive? Address and name? I don't think they can see your SSN, the rest is probably available in some public form or another.