Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3Di not working on Speaker mode (HELP).

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hey guys my Motherboard (signature) comes with Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3Di software. You can use Speaker mode or Headphone mode. Advantage of Speaker mode is that its louder than Headphone mode. However after a recent power outage the Speaker mode has stopped working. Not sure if its coincidence or if its something else. Problem is Speaker mode isn't working.

I already installed and removed the software and the drivers 3 times and did a fresh install of latest from Gigabyte website to no avail.

I would love to get it working again but I have no clue what to do. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
XGD.png

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Could be a hardware issue. The mobo might have seperate speaker and headphone amps. Did you take a look around your onboard sound for burn marks & bad caps?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Have you checked your Notification Area (speaker icon) to make sure they are not muted?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Well thank you much for all the input. I did a system restore to the day before the issue started and now the sound is working normal. Thanks for the help guys. Will report if something changes.

Cheers!