creative sells gpu division to intel

Feb 25, 2011
Meh. For a measly $50M, they're probably just buying up some patents so they can sue AMD or NVidia later.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Creative is bleeding cash like AMD. $50Mil is a lot to them. They are near end of the life.
I'm surprised that they couldn't strike a deal with some high-end motherboard maker and sell some low-end chips as onboard sound devices..

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
I'm surprised that they couldn't strike a deal with some high-end motherboard maker and sell some low-end chips as onboard sound devices..
They could have, but didn't. The biggest blunder they ever made, every motherboard could have a Creative chip on it now.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Creative is bleeding cash like AMD. $50Mil is a lot to them. They are near end of the life.

There are already motherboards with Creative onboard sound...
Fairly sure you can get SB Live, Audigy and X-Fi onboard sound. Or have beeen able to at points in the past (for the older ones)

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Hey, TViceman - doesn't this go against all the R&D projecting Intel has in place?

Who'd have thunk that Intel would buy GPU patents. Now, Intel, go buy AMD's GPU patents and give me a GPU in 2014!

DO IT!!!!