Creative SB Audigy - connecting speakers and headphones simultaneousely??

Banditbanger

Jul 26, 2000
Hi,

I have a Creative SB Audigy and would like to have Headphones AND 2 speakers connected simultaneousely (sometimes I listen to sound on the speakers, sometimes on headphones not to disturb the family. Can I hook both of them up so I don't have to switch cables all the time and HOW?

Banditbanger

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
i have my speakers hooked up to the front out jack, and my headset hooked up to the rear out jacks. works for me :)

kly1222

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, just do what spanky said and enable 4 speaker output in the settings. I think by default the card only outputs to the front speakers.

Banditbanger

Jul 26, 2000
OK, but will the sound be the same on headphones and on speakers (I mean I hope I will not listen to the rear channels on headphones?)?

kly1222

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, that's what's gonna happen. You'll get your rear channel going to you headphones and your front channel going to your speakers. To make them sound the same just turn off any 3d or surround sound effects.

VivienM

Jun 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Banditbanger
Hi,

I have a Creative SB Audigy and would like to have Headphones AND 2 speakers connected simultaneousely (sometimes I listen to sound on the speakers, sometimes on headphones not to disturb the family. Can I hook both of them up so I don't have to switch cables all the time and HOW?

Do you have the Audigy Drive? If you do, it has a headphone plug which is very cool. Plug in your headphones, it turns off your normal speaker output (if you've told it to) and switches EAX/mixer settings to headphones. Unplug your headphones, and boom, it goes back to the way it was before. Very impressive. I love my Audigy.