Creative DVD DXR-3 Help

ybingo

Apr 18, 2000
Hi i have a creative DVD 6x + DXR-3 Decorder card. The dvd player worked perferctly until a week ago when i tried to play it. Now it plays black and white and flickering image. However, when i switch the resolution to 800x600 it worked ok (before it worked under every solutions)except a little cloudy compare to before. The only thing i installed prior to bad image was Deus Ex. This game also asked me to install Directx 7.a, which i did. However, i already formatted my HD yesterday and the same problem still exist, so i doubt it has anything to do with direct x. I have a Athlon 700 with Abit ka7 motherboard. My HD is IBM Deskstar 27GB and sb Live value card. Anything related to this topic is welcome....thanks

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
Hmmmmm well the reason why it oculd be working at 800x600 is because of the refresh rate. When i set my refresh rate to like 85mhz, my dvd playback flickers extremely. So i set it down to 75mhz, which is like just the right refresh rate to not cause eye strain and to also have nice dvd playback. I have the creative labs 8x encore dvd drive.

ybingo

Apr 18, 2000
yeah that might be it caus'e i usually switch my monitor between computer and dreamcast. However, my monitor won't let me set refresh rate when i tried to do it. Do you know how to change that? I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040U.
Thanks