Creation Club - Fallout 4 - Bad Start

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Well the Creation Club has been released for Fallout 4 and it has already a rocky start outside of the paid mods.

It seems that for the initial start of it, has downloaded all the current Creation Club content to your pc even when you have not paid for the mods, currently thats about 600mb of extra data that you do not need to download or have on your machine.

I had a 2GB download yesterday and was wondering why it was so big. Part of it was the 600mb extra files, and the rest seems to be modified standard files to support the Creation Club

More thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcldh21R40M

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've already put in a thousand hours and done every major ending twice.

They must be truly desperate for money to do this now. Maybe they should try making a new game?
Or if they've completely lost their imagination, port the old games to the newer engine.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I've already put in a thousand hours and done every major ending twice.

They must be truly desperate for money to do this now. Maybe they should try making a new game?
Or if they've completely lost their imagination, port the old games to the newer engine.

Official skywind port? Basically anything would be better than some irrelevant "remastered" skyrim and paid mods that are just going to be free on the nexus anyway.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well the remastered Skyrim was in the exact same engine, so no thats not what I am talking about at all.
Not even close.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Well the remastered Skyrim was in the exact same engine, so no thats not what I am talking about at all.
Not even close.

You were talking about things bethesda could be spending their time on instead of trying to dupe us into using paid mods, how was my comment not related?

EDIT - Actually, on furthur reflection, youre actually double wrong. Skyrim got ported over to the new 64 bit engine, so you dont even know what youre talking about, not even close.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Bethesda's official statement: We are not going to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. We are just going to flail the hell out of it.

I'm actually quite willing to pay for additional Bethesda-sanctioned, modder-created DLC. However I'm not willing to pay anything for new armor or weapons, even if they have an associated "quest". Show me something like "Brazil" or "The Frontier", or even Subway Runner (which was altogether better than some of the official DLC), something with new lands, and I'll happily pay DLC prices. There's a lot of promising projects by talented people which never get finished simply because life happens and non-paying hobby projects must take a back seat. There are some amazing free mods which do get finished - Modern Weapons comes to mind, and Deadly Gunners/Deadly Raiders of the Commonwealth. WRVR and Tales From the Commonwealth both feature writing and often voice acting every bit as good as Bethesda's. I'm totally willing to pay for new DLC from people of this caliber. (Or even to someone who fixes the brain dead settlement system.) But as the OP says, this is not a promising start.

Also, let's not forget that it isn't Bethesda (in either incarnation) doing this - this is pure Zenimax.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Let Obsidian (inXile w/e...) do more expansion packs or standalone games based on Bethesda IP :)

ArizonaSteve

Dec 20, 2003
Zenimax pulling the same BS that they're doing with ESO. Grossly overpriced rubbish that most people here could do themselves.