Crazy spammers

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Logged onto my hotmail account today to find a message telling me that I had exceeded my quota.

I regularly prune my mailbox so this came as a surprise, on investigation I found in the 'bulk-mail' folder 600 copies of the same spam, sent over a period of about 5 hours yesterday.

Unbelieveable. :p

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
At least your's are making it to the bulk folder, somehow the majority of mine seem to make it into the regular in box :|

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Why do you automactically assume that spammers are crazy? Spammers need love too.

Jun 18, 2000
I've been blocking the senders of every piece of spam mail I get for the past 2 months and I still get 10 or so emails every day.

Why does Hotmail let you block senders? It obviously doesn't do anything.

Thom

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
their anti spam filters are crap.

lately spammers have starting using formats

SOMETHING HERE_____________________________________XXXXX

where XXXXX is a random combination of numbers or letters. you cannot block the sender because of the random bit. you have to filter the SOMETHING bit into trash folders.

for me, it is commonly $25 000 Jackpot and UNIVERSITY DIPLOMAS
at the moment. most annoying, but if you filter the $25 000, Jackpot and Diploma they get dumped whatever the random bit

dumping the University might be a bad idea for me though, you have to think about the likelihood of people putting these words in genuine emails to you.

:)