Crazy sale on steam

Apr 17, 2005
portal - $5
stalker clear sky - $17.50

lots of other stuff on sale too.

Thank you for participating in the forums, but this topic is already in progress here.
-Schadenfroh (AT Mod)

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nice, might get bioshock

one question, does it have some idiotic copy protection like some games there have?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
Nice, might get bioshock

one question, does it have some idiotic copy protection like some games there have?

That was my question to. I'll only buy it if it only includes Steam as its DRM, not draconian BS they foisted on an unwilling pubic months ago.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I just bought Unreal Deal Pack and Bioshock. I already have Unreal 2k4 but wanted U3 for $10 and was ganna buy Bioshock but I said f-it and spent the extra $10 for the Unreal Deal Pack. I seriously buy too many games on Steam. I haven't even started the Stalker that I bought that was on sale for $10 last week. I'm still working on Fallout 3.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ultra laser
L4D starting to look reasonable.

$37.50 is still too much for it imo. I preloaded it and got it for $45 and I don't think it's worth $37.50. I hardly play it at all.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
My God, everything is 25-75% off!

Bioshock at $5 is a steal
Mass Effect at $26.99 is a good deal
Dawn of War EVERYTHING PACK (all original game + all of its expansions) for $29.99 is a steal
STALKER for $14.99 and Clear Sky for $17.99, both awesome deals
Doom II for $0.99
HL: Opposing Force for $0.99
HL: Blue Shift for $0.99
The Valve: Complete Pack for $74.99 is uber for anyone who doesn't already own most of the games.
Fallout 3 at $37.49 is a pretty slick deal
Left 4 Dead was worth every penny at $44.99, and now it's $37.50

All right, I've spent $95 on those first 4 items, that's it for me :p I already owned hard copies of the first two expansions for DoW, this is just to have persistent digital backups anywhere in the world.

Edit: And now is the perfect time to buy Mass Effect: Not only is it on sale, but it's free of SecuRom if you buy it through Steam (yes, you're trading one DRM for another, but you're really getting much better DRM here)

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
Makes perfect sense, really. PC gaming market might finally be realizing that their bloated prices the past few years ($65 for a retail copy of Left 4 Dead anyone?) are simply hurting sales. Goes to show that if you want to sell media via an online vendor and distribution (see: Steam), if you price it right people will be a lot more receptive. These aren't the days when video games and those who play them are rare, anymore - these are mainstream forms of entertainment for the masses and you can most likely make a higher profit by selling them for less.

Hopefully the movie industry gets the picture before it's (rather inevitable) collapse to online streaming such as Hulu and Netflix. TV is very soon going to be a thing of the past, and has been for almost two years for me.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I'm tempted to buy Civ 3 for 3.75 and the CivIV complete pack so I don't have to bother installing the game. I only have BTS through Steam at the moment.

Edit - Its cheaper to get Warlords and CivIV separately since I already have BTS.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: zerocool84

$37.50 is still too much for it imo. I preloaded it and got it for $45 and I don't think it's worth $37.50. I hardly play it at all.

man, its such a fun game...you guys are crazy.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Just bought Portal, TF2 and Bioshock. Also picked up two of the older halflife titles @ $0.99 each.

yep, by far the best deals

doom 99 cents
doom 2 + master levels 99 cents
portal 4.99
bioshock 4.99
tf2 9.99

AMAZING

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
the strategy first bundle is 25 games for $49. You save $129...I know most of the games are blah but thats a lot of games.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad

Agreed.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

Agreed.

It's fun if you're crazy about playing a boring game... I don't play it anymore, I got my 80 hours in. (If it was even that) It's so boring to play... You get stuck with noobs and you all die. It was good in the beginning because I found people who were actually good like me. We would blaze through expert with ease, and destroy teams on versus. We got like 5000 to 300 one game. :)

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Originally posted by: TridenTBoy3555
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

Agreed.

It's fun if you're crazy about playing a boring game... I don't play it anymore, I got my 80 hours in. (If it was even that) It's so boring to play... You get stuck with noobs and you all die. It was good in the beginning because I found people who were actually good like me. We would blaze through expert with ease, and destroy teams on versus. We got like 5000 to 300 one game. :)

L4D is all about playing the game with your FRIENDS. That is where you determine if the game is good or not (and good it is). Playing with random strangers takes a way a lot of the fun.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: 9mak9
the strategy first bundle is 25 games for $49. You save $129...I know most of the games are blah but thats a lot of games.

I know two of them are good. Dangerous Waters is a modern naval sim, and great if you like that kind of serious game. Ghost Master was a really neat puzzle game, definitely worth $2.49 to try Ghost Master.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Truth.

I hear these complaints from people who don't do well in a cooperative environment. Some people want their shooters to be rambo...

And yeah, if you're not working your friends list for this game, you're doing it wrong. Get good teammates, get a mic, and you'll have a blast.