• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Crazy Happenings today where I volunteer

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Ok, so I work at the Flying Leatherneck Marine Aviation Museum in Miramar. I'm a docent, so I just want to give some background in that respect.
In the parking lot, a guy was pulling out of the museum, and I don't what happened, but he passed out, hit the gas full throttle, and went clear through the fence. Since the museum is an outdoor exhibit, he cleared one helicopter's tail by a foot, but slammed into an Iraqi Huey we captured in '91, ripping the iron chains off, and throwing the thing 90 degrees sideways. The Ford then hit the CH-53A on display, and it didn't do too much major damage, it knocked out a chunk of armor plating, but the front side of the truck was totaled. It was unbelievable. What was amazing was that no one was killed or hurt. I have no idea about the guy's passing out, but he wasn't drunk; I had just given him a tour of the museum, and he was part of the Navy's Sea Cadet program, but it's freakin unbelievable how one minute you could be a healthy looking guy, and the next minute victim of losing control--it could have been a lot worse, but I'm glad that's all the damage he did--The H-34 he barely missed by a foot, and that's a real classic.
Anyway, sorry about the length, but you see accidents all the time, but never really in a parking lot. I'm thanking God nobody was killed or injured besides the guy. I hope he recovers, but I have a bad feeling whatever happened to him, he's gunna have a hard time patching his life back together.

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
I think you were looking for OT, not PC gaming.

If you repost in OT, people will want pics. :)

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
pics or ban.

Haven't seen anything in the news yet (sosd etc.) so I wonder if they're keeping it quiet?

-z

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
ooops, LMFAO, I'm so retarded. LOL
:eek: my bad.

But no, I don't have any pics

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shortylickens PC Games 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY