Craving a good online / co-op game. What to play?

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Me and a buddy of mine just finished Magicka. Fun stuff.

Looking for next game to enjoy some laughs and fun.

I will admit, the MMO craving is hitting me again. It hits me every summer. But I will not play one of these WOW clones. I was reading about Secret World. Looks like it could be a gem..or it could be terrible. Seems more single player"ish" though.

Or just another fun action oriented game where we can blow each other up. I don't know...there is too much out there!

So, yeah I didn't narrow it down much at all.

suggestions?

Last edited:

auxy

May 25, 2013
4chan.org
Looking for next game to enjoy some laughs and fun. (...) suggestions?
Gosh, I read this whole thread, and ...

Well, anyway. Free to play games! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

For your MMO bug, try out Neverwinter, TERA Online, RaiderZ, Rusty Hearts, Dragon Nest, Continent of the 9th Seal, or Vindictus. All are free-to-play MMORPGs that are FAR from being "WoW clones", with fast-paced action combat, and visual effects ranging from "good" to "outstanding". Phantasy Star Online 2 is fantastic too, and also free, but some Japanese language knowledge will be required.

For other great co-op materials, Warframe is an amazing third-person action/shooter/RPG hybrid game from Digital Extremes that you shouldn't miss; it just had a big update. Don't forget to turn on PhysX to see the best particle effects in the business! Blacklight: Retribution is a fantastically polished and well-executed free-to-play first-person sci-fi shooter; I've dumped countless hours and at least $200 into this game. League of Legends can be a lot of fun if you play primarily with friends. Microvolts is a super-cute free third-person shooter that's simplistic, but with a fun concept and great character customization. Spiral Knights is another simpler game, but it can be played in small batches (fun as "filler" content) and has a really great art style. Last but not least, Hawken is an unbelievably gorgeous arena-style mech combat game. All of the above are completely free!

For non-free games, the recent RE games (Resident Evil 5 and 6, and Revelations) are standouts. The second Lost Planet game, also from CAPCOM and using the same advanced game engine (MT Framework), is a BLAST in co-op. Hunted: The Demon's Forge is a lot of fun, too. Borderlands 1 & 2 are fun to play at least once. Killing Floor is GREAT fun, and IMO much better as a game - not necessarily as an experience - than Left 4 Dead; the production values are lower to be sure, but the weapons are much more satisfying and there's SO much more content, especially if you get into user-generated content. It's a little simpler than the other games on this list, but Renegade Ops is a great old-school overhead-view shooter with GORGEOUS graphics thanks to the Avalanche Engine, which also powers Just Cause 2. It's like Micro Machines with guns!

Those should keep y'all busy for awhile. (•‿•)

Last edited:

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
The Steam version of System Shock 2 comes with the multiplayer client. You and your buddy should check it out.

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
Payday: The Heist is an insanely fun L4D-like that focuses on... well... heists. Also check out Krater, and especially Torchlight 2 if you have an Action-RPG itch.

And Planetside 2 is the bee's knees.

Last edited:

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
Gosh, I read this whole thread, and ...

Well, anyway. Free to play games! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

For other great co-op materials, Warframe is an amazing third-person action/shooter/RPG hybrid game from Digital Extremes that you shouldn't miss; it just had a big update. Don't forget to turn on PhysX to see the best particle effects in the business!

Those should keep y'all busy for awhile. (•‿•)

another vote for warframe. infestation is fun as hell.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Most fun co-cop for me without a doubt Borderlands, however didn't really have a chance to play BL2 a lot.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
Have you played dungeon defenders OP? Me and my friends had a ton of fun playing and if I recall correctly it was after we finished playing magicka.