Crappy UPS

DavidoFoo

Nov 28, 2004
Okay, I ordered a WRT54G from Radioshack, with them shipping it through UPS. At the time, I forgot that UPS had a crappy ass reputation with employees throwing around boxes and the like. Today, I received the crappy ass box. My brother opened it and to my surprise the linksys box was dented. I don't think it's bad enough to the point that the insides are broken, but I want to make sure that I know what to do if the router is in fact broken. So, if I open the box up and the router inside doesn't work or is externally damaged, what do I do?

DanDaMan315

Golden Member
Oct 25, 2004
You file a complaint with the seller.

You should have refused the box upon delivery, that is the simplest way to make sure you don't get broken stuff.

DavidoFoo

Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: DanDaMan315
You file a complaint with the seller.

You should have refused the box upon delivery, that is the simplest way to make sure you don't get broken stuff.

I should have, but my brother or my parents were the one to receive it, and if it were my parents, I don't really think they would have known better. So since I signed for the box and opened it up, I might as well open the linksys box and see if it's broken?

FlyingPenguin

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2000
If it's broken then you have 30 days to get it exchanged or a refund from the seller. No big deal.

If it was decently packed, it should be fine. The retail box for the unit by itself would have survived shipping. If it was packed in another box with some packing material (as it should have been) it's almost certainly alright.

And I ship UPS all the time (send and receive a dozen packages a month) and I have no idea where you get the impression UPS has a particularly bad rep for wrecking packages.