crap, i slept late and missed my methadone dose today...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: zanejohnson
but i still refrained from illiciit opiates, i just took an extra one of my prescripton xanax 2mg, and im feeling ok, i guess because of the 24 hour half life of dolophine (methadone) im not really feeling any opiate withdrawal.... i feel good enough to go out and make the service calls i need to today...

just thought i'd let you guys know...

2mg xanax :laugh: I hope you're feeling ok...

Sweet jesus I didn't pick up on that.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: Vic
but i still refrained from illiciit opiates, i just took an extra one of my prescripton xanax 2mg, and im feeling ok, i guess because of the 24 hour half life of dolophine (methadone) im not really feeling any opiate withdrawal.... i feel good enough to go out and make the service calls i need to today...

2mg xanax :laugh: I hope you're feeling ok...

Sweet jesus I didn't pick up on that.

at least 2 of them too...

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: BudAshes
Dude, just find a Narcotics Anonymous group, it works.

12 stepping>methadone

Methadone=FTL

actually it works for very few people.

But keep doling out advice you know nothing about.

why do you think your know more about it than he does?

Because he made an ignorant statement that showed a lack of knowledge on the subject.

Seems pretty obvious, but if you need a more in-depth explanation just let me know...

I've contemplated quite a few responses to this, most of them would jack with my karma.

:lips:

high road :thumbsup:

(little does douchebag know you've got a PhD in medicine :p )

LOL, sorry mosh, I only have a BS in nursing & 20 + years clinical experience not many of us make $100K+/year in the clinical setting outside of management or California's job market. My employer thinks pretty highly of me I guess :)

Hung up on my boss Monday morning though, may have to start looking for another job soon :) LOL she was pissed, but then again so was I :D

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

12 stepping>methadone

Methadone=FTL

Because he made an ignorant statement that showed a lack of knowledge on the subject.

Seems pretty obvious, but if you need a more in-depth explanation just let me know...

I've contemplated quite a few responses to this, most of them would jack with my karma.

LOL, sorry mosh, I only have a BS in nursing & 20 + years clinical experience not many of us make $100K+/year in the clinical setting outside of management or California's job market. My employer thinks pretty highly of me I guess :)

Hung up on my boss Monday morning though, may have to start looking for another job soon :) LOL she was pissed, but then again so was I :D

yeh, but you almost have enough box tops to send in and get that Honorary PhD, don't you?

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005

i can't imagine needed xanax to function. it seems it would zap ambition. i can see how it would make it easier to talk with people, just like alcohol. there's a reason saloons were called "Speak Easys".

The term comes from a patron's manner of ordering alcohol without raising suspicion ? a bartender would tell a patron to be quiet and "speak easy".

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: keird
Originally posted by: KK
Originally posted by: Ns1
Originally posted by: K1052
TPAD

lol; i haven't heard that in a while.

what's TPAD, Take Pill And Die?

Please answer this. Now I'm curious.

relax, I've got it:

Take Pill And Drown

funny thing is, I didn't know either. And according to Urban Dictionary (my first stop for any thing like this), it originated here?! Hmmm, wonder when.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

12 stepping>methadone

Methadone=FTL

Hey you can't jack with your karma on a message board. You aren't going to hurt my feelings. Take off the kid gloves and give it to me straight. Why do you think AA works? Its success rate is low. And the only way it works is if you find god, right? It's a sad waste of time for most people.

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004

12 stepping>methadone

Methadone=FTL

Hey you can't jack with your karma on a message board. You aren't going to hurt my feelings. Take off the kid gloves and give it to me straight. Why do you think AA works? Its success rate is low. And the only way it works is if you find god, right? It's a sad waste of time for most people.

A lot of times AA doesn't work because people are forced into it because of probation/legal stuff. They're there because they have to be, not because they want to be.

I'm not saying this is the entire reason for it - but I know that includes a good chunk of people.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Ture AA is only going to work for people who want it to work. But then again, the only way you are going to quit drugs period, is if you want to quit.

imported_yovonbishop

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2004
Ture AA is only going to work for people who want it to work. But then again, the only way you are going to quit drugs period, is if you want to quit.

I agree. Unfortunately (and as you can probably vouch for this) it doesn't seem to be the easiest thing in the world to do.

maxster

Banned
Sep 19, 2007
I don't think it matters if you skipped a dose.

Just don't skip too many doses or you'll go into withdrawal.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: destrekor
TPAD

relax, I've got it:

Take Pill And Drown

funny thing is, I didn't know either. And according to Urban Dictionary (my first stop for any thing like this), it originated here?! Hmmm, wonder when.

Yes, it did, a couple years ago.

Its Take Pills and Drown

I'm sure someone will be able to find the original thread for you.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: novasatori
TPAD

relax, I've got it:

Take Pill And Drown

Its Take Pills and Drown

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...ab=arc&highlight_key=y

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
TPAD

relax, I've got it:

Take Pill And Drown

Its Take Pills and Drown

Didn't it involve drugging a squirrel or something like that?

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
TPAD

relax, I've got it:

Take Pill And Drown

Its Take Pills and Drown

Didn't it involve drugging a squirrel or something like that?

From Urbandictionary.com:

Originated on Anandtech Off Topic where a member fed a number of sleeping pills to a skunk which subsequently was let out of its cage, went for a swim and drowned in the pool.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

do you foresee a day when you will be drug free?

definitely. i plan to be drug free in less than 6 months, the taper process my counselor wants me to do, is to lower my dose 2mg a week, whenever im ready to start.... and im stabalized now at 60mg, so as soon as im ready (which will be in the next couple months) we'll begin the taper, and ill be free from this hellhole....

the xanax though, i dont think i'll ever get off of, it just helps so much with my work, it makes me completely calm and cool when talking to my clients, and motivates me to get my work done.

So you'll never been drug free.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I was under the impression that most people on methadone never get off it, around a 3% success rate.