CRAP!!! I need to get a six-pack by this wednesday!!! HELP!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
You should take the other route. Get nice & chucky and then lose it all, just for her. Women love that sort of crap. ;)

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Can only do 11 situps and want a six pack in 2 days, hmm sorry,
anyway though..
"What kind of world are you living in? Last time I checked the girls around this town put body above everything else and it really comes down to how you look and what you drive, anything else doesn't really matter. "
Where is this, honestly most girls I've known haven't cared much about what the guy drives unless the car is borderline health concern gross or the girl is just totally superficial.

DPOverLord

Golden Member
Dec 20, 1999
Thats pretty interesting,
I Work out and such, but stilld o nto have a six pack. I will not lie, a six pack is nice. However, is it really 100% neccesary, if you are with a girl I have to say a nice body is ok. But if you have nice body and 0 Sociable, or charismatic skills You will lose every day.
my 2 cents
Jon

EnragedPC

Banned
Jul 27, 2000
any of you guys ever try 6-inches?? where you lay on your back and lift both legs 6 inches keeping them perfectly straight?? that burns your abs like hell...do it for at least a minute at a time if you can

MrHelpful

Banned
Apr 16, 2001
I think I would have trouble keeping my upperbody on the floor if I did that exercise. :( Talking about Enraged's..

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Enraged...I'll do that while I'm just laying around in my bed or watching tv. I also try and keep my abs "flexed" throughout the day (especially while sitting and driving). It helps a bit in adding definition.

And the sad thing about six packs is that they're generally around 60% (think that's the number) genetic in terms of how apparent they're going to be. Some people could do 1000 every day from now until their final breath, and still only have moderate definition...and others can eat nachos and cheese while watching Jenny Jones and still have a nice sixer.

All in all, just keep at it -gradually increasing your reps- and you'll get there. Might take a month or so to see some results, but don't let that discourage you. Just be sure to do enough to give you the nice little ab burn...it's the single worst feeling in the world, but damn it if it doesn't tell you that you've worked hard enough:)

snut

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a six pack...but for some reason I dont do sit ups that much and I still have one..kinda weird..genetics?