Crankshaft Pully Wobbling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tab3076

Mar 26, 2009
It's a '97 Acura Integra and I can visually see the pully wobbling and wobble it back and forth when pulling on it, so I'm thinking it could just be the bolt. I did call the "Acura Authorized" dealer and they gave me a barrage of other reason of what it could be... Harmonic Balancer?

Anyone have ideas? Can I fix this myself or should I not even bother and take it to the auto shop

previously known as Tab

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Could be a bent pully as well. Honda uses a thin light pully that bends easy.
For the life of me I can;t remember if it has multi bolts or a single crank nut for the pully.

Do you have any pics of the pully and I might be able to remember that setup.

Tab3076

Mar 26, 2009
It's just a single bolt as far as I know but I need a another tool to hold the crankshaft while I tighten the bolt or the whole assembly moves.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Tab3076
It's just a single bolt as far as I know but I need a another tool to hold the crankshaft while I tighten the bolt or the whole assembly moves.

Yea thats what I thought.
You have to be very careful as the pully will bend easy. If the bolt will not tighten then new pully time. But I really doubt the botl has coem free unless work was done recently on it as they usually don;t come loose on their own.

Tab3076

Mar 26, 2009
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Originally posted by: Tab3076

Yea thats what I thought.
You have to be very careful as the pully will bend easy. If the bolt will not tighten then new pully time. But I really doubt the botl has coem free unless work was done recently on it as they usually don;t come loose on their own.

That's what I've been thinking but I'm trying to avoid taking it to the stealership? and there aren't any non-dealer service centers around me that work on imports. :(

I suppose I could take it off to and visually inspect it? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.