• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question CPU Temp monitoring software

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
People tell me AMD Ryzen Master is the only reliable way to measure the temp for my AMD 3600x. Is this true? The software is so big and bulky and can't be resized small on the screen. I also dont need to look at all the other settings 24/7, only monitoring temps.

I also want to monitor my GPU temps at the same time with a basic software.

I have HWMonitor by CPUID, but people tell me that its not accurate for CPU temps.

What options do we have?

moinmoin

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2017
What you need to keep in mind that you don't want the peak temperature of some highly temporary hotspots (something that occurs regularly in Ryzen 3000 chips) but the average temperature of the package. Different monitoring software adapted what they display after AMD did the changes to Ryzen Master. Looking it up, HWiNFO version 6.15-4020 Beta (and later versions) did that. I'm sure other people can chime in with other examples.

John Carr

Oct 19, 2011
Try Open Hardware Monitor at openhardwaremonitor.org. It works great for my Intel processors and says it works for AMD also. It also has a sizable gadget function.

ASK THE COMMUNITY