Cowboy Troy ... W... T... F...

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
I never heard of this dude till I saw him on the RNC convention stage

WTF is this garbage ?
This seroiusly has to be the worst thing I've ever heard

Terribly corny rhymes delivered ala Sugar Hill gang style
I think i've heard better rap about colors and shapes on Seasame Street or Blue's Clues

I Play Chicken With the Train ?

< --- Speechless

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
most rap today's lame anyways. to bad it can't get back to how it was in the late 80's/early 90's.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
It doesn't take much to please Southerners. Something about being morons...

I don't think that is fair.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: sdifox

Well, I don't have much sympathy for people who claim to be rednecks with pride. If you have no interest in bettering yourself, I have no interest in accommodating you.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000

Well, I don't have much sympathy for people who claim to be rednecks with pride. If you have no interest in bettering yourself, I have no interest in accommodating you.

Says the guy with 1749 posts in in just over a year. Get off the computer so your parents can use it you selfish bastard.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Holy god. That's pre-Run DMC quality. I hope he does play chicken with a train, and loses. Chuggalugga-chuggalugga-chuggalugga!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

well comeing from you i don't think anyone cares.

cowboy troy does have some good songs. this is not one of them

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: tboo

Says the guy with 1749 posts in in just over a year. Get off the computer so your parents can use it you selfish bastard.

Yeah, wow. Four and a half posts a day, how did I manage to even find time to breathe with all the posting I've been doing?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I have a dream, that one day, people will be judged solely on how fucking bad their music sucks and not on the color of their skin!

Reactions: Tsinni Dave

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000

What makes your preferences "better"?

I watch NASCAR (and F1, and CART, and ALMS), and also read Kierkegaard.
I own firearms, and also support and attend the ballet.
I enjoy Hank Williams (and a lot of other country music), and also listen to Wagner.
I liked "Dukes of Hazard", as well as "Amélie".
I love "Muscle Cars", yet own two Porsches and a Volvo.
I go to tractor pulls, and also art museums.

I move in both circles. Of the two, the "rednecks" are far more welcoming and tolerant. As long as I'm not proselytizing they're happy. Meanwhile, the "better" folk are continuously obsessed with how much "better" they are and want nothing more than to spread conformity. They never stop proselytizing. They see themselves as "better" and seek only to bring their own "morals" to (or to have their own morals adopted by) "those poor, uneducated rednecks".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C. S. Lewis

It is the "better" people who are the moral busybodies in almost all cases.

ZV

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

ZV

The better people are the ones that more fully utilize what separates humans from the rest of the animals: their intellect. Rednecks are overwhelmingly purposefully ignorant and proud of it. We tain't be not needin' none o' that fancy book learnin'!

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
I hope people that like that song go play chicken w/ the train and lose.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

ZV

The better people are the ones that more fully utilize what separates humans from the rest of the animals: their intellect. Rednecks are overwhelmingly purposefully ignorant and proud of it. We tain't be not needin' none o' that fancy book learnin'!

And your purposefully ignorant stereotype is, of course, the pinnacle of intelligence?

Book learning is interesting, this is certain, but it represents intelligence in a single area. Frankly, an area with rather limited practical application. I love reading philosophy, theology, and "the classics", but in most of my day-to-day life they simply don't find application. In fact, a rural life requires far more practical knowledge than a city life.

In the city you only actually need to know how to buy something from a store and how to do your very specific job.

On a rural farm you need to be a mechanic, a veterinarian, an emergency medical caregiver, an exterminator, a carpenter, occasionally a mason (in the bricklaying sense, not the "Freemasons own this country" sense), a butcher, and a gardener.

Your stereotype of rednecks is outdated and shows only your own ignorant prejudice.

ZV

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Eh, I've heard worse. Plus, Cowboy Troy does some have some palatable songs.

The worse part about his performance is that it was for the RNC convention. Yuck.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: jonks
I have a dream, that one day, people will be judged solely on how fucking bad their music sucks and not on the color of their skin!

:thumbsup: