Coward chickens out of speech to PARLIAMENT

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Text

Then he wants an "excusion zone" around everywhere he goes Text, does this man really believe in freedom and democratic values? (rehtorical)

No, his bossum militant buddy Ashcroft arrests people for protesting Bush's policies here in the States..Text and Text

Real free world LEADERSHIP qualities eh?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Awwwww..... Labor MP backbenchers didn't get their chance to be rude to a head of state and walk out on Mr. Bush's speech. What a pity they missed their photo op moment of being captured for posterity in their disgraceful pettiness.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
If he's so afraid to show his face why is he even there?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Zebo

I think this trip was planned as a victory celebration before the whole "mission accomplished" wishful thinking fell through.
Although it goes to show how controversial Bush is overseas that he can't even go visit London without stirring up massive protests.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool

I think this trip was planned as a victory celebration before the whole "mission accomplished" wishful thinking fell through.
Although it goes to show how controversial Bush is overseas that he can't even go visit London without stirring up massive protests.

Ya and they are are staunchest alley, with friends like that who needs enemies.:p I suppose it helps the Queen owns about 1/2 of Shell oil and BP is there.;) Perhaps that's who he's going to chat with.

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001

this would be a tad self-contradictory. if he is afraid, why is he there ? following your own creative logic, since he is there,
does bush now stand as a mighty warrior drunk on his own bravery ? the criteria you pose is rather slim, but then liberal
yahoos aren't reknown for their cahones unless they're hunting in packs.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Keeerist, Triple y (at least we've solved the mystery of the missing y's). You must have missed out on some history if you think liberals attack only in packs. Man, those civil rights protestors down in Mississippi were mighty lonely. Or how about the guys who told McCarthy to kiss their grits? The guys who went to jail (yeah, big criminal act) for saying "I won't go in the service." The labor goons who went out to beat up Viet Nam war protestors. Eisenhower (later to be President) breaking up the veterans' march on Washington (now he didn't personally shoot people, as far as we know, but people were shot). Kyss my gryts!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Blair talked in Congress. But it is true that Congress is a lot more respectful and polite than Parliament or Knesset.
I watched both Parliament and Knesset on CSPAN, and representatives in UK and Israel interrupt and disrupt speeches a lot. It's much more of a shouting match there.
I think Bush is just affraid that Americans watching on TV will think that the parliament is only interrupting and disrupting Bush, while in reality they do it quite a lot. Of course average American wouldn't know, since they are too busy watching American Idol or Joe Millionaire.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Ya and they are are staunchest alley, with friends like that who needs enemies.:p I suppose it helps the Queen owns about 1/2 of Shell oil and BP is there.;) Perhaps that's who he's going to chat with.
Just for future reference...

Shell Oil = Royal Dutch. Guess where the HQ is? I'll give you a hint....it isn't England.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: syzygy

this would be a tad self-contradictory. if he is afraid, why is he there ? following your own creative logic, since he is there,
does bush now stand as a mighty warrior drunk on his own bravery ? the criteria you pose is rather slim, but then liberal
Bush-lite is contemptible, cowardly slime. He lacks the integrity to be challenged about his actions, let alone be held accountable for them. He is the antithesis of open, participative, free democracy. George W. Bush is an embarrassment to the United States of America and to all Americans.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke

Just for future reference...

Shell Oil = Royal Dutch. Guess where the HQ is? I'll give you a hint....it isn't England.

The queens a viking too.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Bowfinger

Bush-lite is contemptible, cowardly slime. He lacks the integrity to be challenged about his actions, let alone be held accountable for them. He is the antithesis of open, participative, free democracy. George W. Bush is an embarrassment to the United States of America and to all Americans.

And you are a boil on the ass of humanity.

See...isn't it fun when we sling mud at each other???

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
PS shinner/// The "Shell Oil" comes from her "Shell Transport and Trading Company" while the Royal Dutch comes from her cousins stake in the netherlands. They merged a long time ago..

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
PS shinner/// The "Shell Oil" comes from her "Shell Transport and Trading Company" while the Royal Dutch comes from her cousins stake in the netherlands. They merged a long time ago..
Ok....first off....Shell was founded in London, but was a private venture, not owned or controlled by the Royal Family. In the early 1900's Shell and Royal Dutch merged with Royal Dutch being the majority partner. If you want the full history just let me know. My mother worked for Shell from 1965 until her retirement in 1994. I can give you all sorts of fun facts about the company if you REALLY want to know.

Secondly....prove to me that the Royal Family owns 1/2 of Shell. Or were you just talking out of your ass?

Thirdly....prove in any way shape or form that the war in Iraq was about oil. Either do that or STFU.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

The difference is that your comment is mindless name-calling, a personal attack without substance. My comments, while obviously derogatory, relate directly to Bush's behavior (with the debatable exception of "slime"). You may not agree with my assessment of Bush's behavior, but there's nothing comparable to your shallow "boil on the ass" slur. In short, I added content; you added noise.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

The difference is that your comment is mindless name-calling, a personal attack without substance. My comments, while obviously derogatory, relate directly to Bush's behavior (with the debatable exception of "slime"). You may not agree with my assessment of Bush's behavior, but there's nothing comparable to your shallow "boil on the ass" slur. In short, I added content; you added noise.
You posted an opinion....so did I.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Along the noise analogy, I'd say you added a screech in the usual cacophony of mindless rants. All you needed was to add selection and supreme coup and it would have been worthy of a true rant.

Shiner just barked.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Thirdly....prove in any way shape or form that the war in Iraq was about oil. Either do that or STFU.
How about you prove that Bush-lite's invasion of Iraq was NOT about oil. Either do that or STFU.

See, isn't that fun when we try to shout each other down instead of having a discussion?

You sure like to attack people you disagree with. It doesn't say much for the basis of your convictions when you prefer to attack others rather than defend your beliefs.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I suspect that actually seeing protesters or getting heckled by British MP's just might set Dubya's brain in motion, something his handlers obviously dread. God only knows what might happen if he started to question any of the spoon-fed information received, or the motives of those holding the spoons.

Bush is probably the most insulated president in modern history, by design. He's mostly a figurehead, near as I can tell, the real power of the current Admin lies in the hands of Cheney and Rove...

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
How about you prove that Bush-lite's invasion of Iraq was NOT about oil. Either do that or STFU.

See, isn't that fun when we try to shout each other down instead of having a discussion?

You sure like to attack people you disagree with. It doesn't say much for the basis of your convictions when you prefer to attack others rather than defend your beliefs.

It's because I'm sick and tired of all the Iraq was for the oil references. Just once....only once I would like someone to prove that was the case instead of just stating it as fact. The burden is on your side my friend....not mine.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

You posted an opinion....so did I.
As I pointed out and you deftly dodged, the difference is my comments were relevant to Bush's actions. The fact that you disagree with my comments doesn't change the fact that they are on-topic. In contrast, your so-called "opinion" was empty, childish name-calling. It was a gratuitous personal attack, nothing more.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001

Ad Hominem is the last bastion of the thoroughly defeated...

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize

Along the noise analogy, I'd say you added a screech in the usual cacophony of mindless rants. All you needed was to add selection and supreme coup and it would have been worthy of a true rant.

Shiner just barked.
In my opinion, your comment is "mindless". Mine were certainly derogatory, disagreeable to many, inflammatory to some, but they are on-topic and far from mindless. I am absolutely disgusted at the spectacle of Bush-lite avoiding any possible exposure to dissenting opinion. It is cowardly; name one other American president who so doggedly insulated himself from dissent. Even the rabid right's favorite whipping boy, Bill Clinton, wasn't afraid to go out in public, answer questions, and face people who disagreed with him.

Never mind Presidents, name any other world leader who has acted like this. The only comparable examples I can come up with are totalitarian leaders who suppressed all dissent, leaders in countries like the USSR and China and Iraq. I cannot think of any democratic leaders who behaved like this.

The rest of my comments follow from this observation. Bush is not showing the integrity to accept challenges to his actions. He is certainly not willing to be held accountable for them. This behavior is contrary to the principles and values of open, participative democracy. Given that the United States has always held itself to be world's role model for freedom and democracy, Bush's shunning of these principles and values is an embarassment.

My comments were short. They were pointed. They were highly critical. They were anything but mindless. If you disagree with my thoughts, at least offer credible criticisms instead of mindless attacks.

Thanks

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

Mindless, shrill, low SNR, red-faced rant by leader of the YACS.

Yawn.

BTW the boil on my ass is offended after being compared to Bowfinger.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Mindless, shrill, low SNR, red-faced rant by leader of the YACS.

Yawn.

BTW the boil on my ass is offended after being compared to Bowfinger.
I've apparently hurt UQ's feelings somewhere along the line. He's been like this ever since he returned.