Covidiots thread

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Again legal department of all these stores should give documentation to show the rights of the store to refuse service.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

This lady is a piece of work. She kept saying, “look at these Nazis. Nazi America. Nazi America.” Like a Nazi would let her film it and then whine like fool until they left. She would have wished all she got was accosted with was cart.

I did love the one person saying, “Good bye Karen.” Then she started calling everyone Karen.

Not sure why she did not post the interaction with police to prove her point that “it’s not a law.”

Self awareness is not really a strength for these folks.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Again legal department of all these stores should give documentation to show the rights of the store to refuse service.

Possibly, but they shouldn't have to. It's the general rule that businesses can refuse anyone for any reason, other than reasons which are prohibited by law (such as based on race, etc.) Conservatives of all people ought to understand this.

Reactions: jman19 and ch33zw1z

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
lol, ironically, it's pretty clearly Wal-Mart based on the signage in the background.
I'm not a snob, but I do spend my money wisely. The last time I was in a Wal-Wart was probably 3 years ago, late at night because it was the only place open to pickup some OTC meds, cause the wife was sick and desperate.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It concerns me that you are so familiar with Big Lots and Walwart that you can spot the difference.

I am a connoisseur of junk sales & secondhand stores. Habitat Restores is a fave. Big Lots can be nearly as good, if you get lucky. Depends. The closest Walmart in Englewood isn't nearly so cluttered, or at least wasn't the last time I went in there a few years back.

Feb 4, 2009
Just saw a weird thing.
Middle aged guy outside the super market yelling at a tall dude and some workers. He wasn’t close so I’m not exactly sure what the problem was but I kept hearing “You are saying I’m DANGEROUS”. Dude appeared to have a reasonable normal quality mask on but again he was sort of far away.
Seconds later cop SUV stops by and talks to the dude. He walks away, cop leaves, he comes back for more yelling. Which continues for a few minutes, he leaves again. Drove off in a newish looking Mercedes.
I’m not sure what he was pissed about but upon doing my shopping and leaving the tall dude is from the board of health giving out really cute t-shirts and free mask packs.
I really don’t know what the dude said problem was.

Here’s the shirt feels like it is good thick cotton I’m impressed
C0514440-081D-4348-8A80-2020A8916613.jpeg

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
co-founder of turning point usa just died of covid, i'm pretty sure they posted the image on the left the day he died....(since deleted)

K0ryILY.jpg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
You can't argue with these people. Seriously, it's like impossible.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 4.23.46 AM.jpg

From one of my Trumpie family. I had to remind them that it is DONALD TRUMP who is president, not Nancy Pelosi. But to hear them squawk you'd think Nancy Pelosi was running the country.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 4.20.51 AM.jpg

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You can't argue with these people. Seriously, it's like impossible.

View attachment 27256

From one of my Trumpie family. I had to remind them that it is DONALD TRUMP who is president, not Nancy Pelosi. But to hear them squawk you'd think Nancy Pelosi was running the country.

View attachment 27257
Did you say "Yup. The entire world is complicit in a conspiracy to kill millions globally just to get rid of a lame duck President in a foreign country"?

Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
THE VACCINE.
When it does happen and it is available, will it even matter? Having a true and honest vaccine that actually works and was actually created by one of the legitimate pharmaceutical companies, will it matter at all? I fear there will be so much misinformation out there, and so much denial out there, and so much ignorance out there by the time a true vaccine comes along that people will dismiss a true beneficial vaccine and prefer to follow the myths, the conspiracy theories, the unproved treatments like Hydroxychloroquine. People will fear anything coming from the main stream pharmaceutical companies, and prefer to listen to Donald Trump. To Listen to Donald Trump's witch doctors, to listen to the conspiracist, to refuse the true vaccine that would actually save lives. Yes, even a honest to goodness legitimate vaccine will be lost in all the noise of delusion and conspiracy theories. If we had THE VACCINE right now today, would it even matter? Would enough people take the vaccine to slow the virus, or would people refuse thus allowing the virus to flourish? And what would Donald Trump tell people to do? Would Donald Trump instruct his people to get the shot, or instead stick with the Hydroxychloroquine? I believe Donald Trump will deny the vaccine, the true honest to goodness vaccine when it does happen, and tell his people not to get it. That would hold true to his nature of ignorance during a national pandemic tragedy.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Did you say "Yup. The entire world is complicit in a conspiracy to kill millions globally just to get rid of a lame duck President in a foreign country"?
Not just that, but the Republicans, despite at one point holding the white house, senate, and house, couldn't do anything about it? As we've all said a hundred times, to drink that Kool-aid, you also have to be willing to admit that the Republican party is mind-bogglingly incompetent..

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Pohemi

Nereus77

Dec 30, 2016
That Hydroxychloroquine cult is annoyingly persistent.
I also love the "DON'T READ CNN AND BBC!!!!" thing that keep screaming in FB comments on almost any story link that has anything bad to say about Trump. These people have their heads firmly buried in the sand.

I tried debunking Hydroxychloroquine with my cousin (much older than me, lives on opposite side of the planet) and he tried proving a point with an article from The Duran. I pointed out that its pretty extremist and promotes Russian propaganda, conspiracies, etc. Apparently he reckons "the science is good, though." Yeah somehow I don't think so...

Same dude says he'll only take a vaccine for COVID in 2 years to ensure the vaccine is safe.

Uh, okay man.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z