Covid is slamming India, a worst nightmare

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
I'm amazed by your intelligence!
I'd be amazed if your stupid trump loving ass could formulate anything remotely close to an intelligent conversation. Since your feeble mind cannot process anything approaching the level of even average intelligence, I will just tell you something you can process with your rotten micro- brain - Fuck off!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I'd be amazed if your stupid trump loving ass could formulate anything remotely close to an intelligent conversation. Since your feeble mind cannot process anything approaching the level of even average intelligence, I will just tell you something you can process with your rotten micro- brain - Fuck off!
What? Did you take your meds today? You make no sense lol

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
What? Did you take your meds today? You make no sense lol
Awwww look at the little twumpie all confused! Someday your brain might get big and strong too...you just gotta remove the toxic contaminants first. But since you enjoy being spoon fed piles of bullshit I won't hold my breath on you ever changing.

Please calm down and step back. This extended back and forth between blackangst1 and you has gone on enough. Next one to reignite it will incur an infraction.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I asked you before and you didn’t answer. Can you point to any vaccine in the history of the world that had side effects that hasn’t manifested by this point?

Just one will do.

Funny how the antivaxers can't answer that one.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Not afraid of needle but I will not do what government demands I do which is to get vaccinated.
You have so many other issues that have caused you to be nothing but a hemorrhoid on society's asshole.

PS, it's not the government mandating it, it's being a responsible member of society vs. a shit stain.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I asked you before and you didn’t answer. Can you point to any vaccine in the history of the world that had side effects that hasn’t manifested by this point?

Just one will do.

Several listed here

Though perhaps not the kind of side-effects the previous poster was thinking of?

e.g.

in Denmark, scientists discovered that those who had the tuberculosis vaccine in childhood were 42% less likely to die of natural causes until they were 45 years old

Reactions: rommelrommel

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Several listed here

Though perhaps not the kind of side-effects the previous poster was thinking of?

e.g.

I dunno, on one hand I've got wilful obstinance for the sake of it, and on the other I've got a 42% less chance of premature death. Which one owns the libs?

• Haha
Reactions: pmv

Chaspowr3

May 19, 2021
India is in the throes of a catastrophe. Prime Minister Modi's Hindu party government is anti-science, smugly delighted in their success with the first wave (with draconian lockdown and no care for its sufferers), sanctioned subsequent super spreader political rallies and sports events and now the moneyed, politicians and the famous have access to beds, medicine and likely oxygen if they catch covid, but the general public likely doesn't.

A vicious 2nd wave has emerged, the last week officially over 300,000 new cases daily, more than a couple thousands deaths daily, but those numbers are a coverup, it's way way worse than they are reporting.

India's the world's leading producer of covid vaccine but only 2% of its inhabitants are fully vaccinated.

Very true

Chaspowr3

May 19, 2021

According to NYT analysis, India's true Covid-19 death toll is probably worst in the world on an absolute basis.
Has to. Have been following their cases since April. it is funny how many of their governments are trying to hide the figures by reducing testing. Especially the states belonging to Modi's Hindu nationalist BJP. The cases peaked at 400,000 and the deaths were around 3.5k, the figures have now almost halved to 200,000, but ironically the deaths are around 4-4.5k. Indians can have only themselves blamed.

Chaspowr3

May 19, 2021

Also, the country has been reporting cases of Black, White, and Yellow fungus as well.

Reactions: Muse and allisolm

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Has to. Have been following their cases since April. it is funny how many of their governments are trying to hide the figures by reducing testing. Especially the states belonging to Modi's Hindu nationalist BJP. The cases peaked at 400,000 and the deaths were around 3.5k, the figures have now almost halved to 200,000, but ironically the deaths are around 4-4.5k. Indians can have only themselves blamed.
Yeah, I seem to remember a certain US political party attempting something similar here.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Is that literally what they are doing? You might be right, I don't know, just that I assumed from the start that the figures in countries like India were going to be hugely undercounted simply for practical reasons, i.e. a lack of the infrastructure necessary for counting accurately. It's possible there's political manipulation as well, of course, just as there seems to have been in the US. I do not have a high opinion of Modi. He seems to be part of a global trend towards demagogues weaponising nationalism.

People I know with family in India are seeing lots of their relatives come down with COVID, even dying of it.

Reactions: Chaspowr3

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Is that literally what they are doing? You might be right, I don't know, just that I assumed from the start that the figures in countries like India were going to be hugely undercounted simply for practical reasons, i.e. a lack of the infrastructure necessary for counting accurately. It's possible there's political manipulation as well, of course, just as there seems to have been in the US.
Yeah lack of resources and poor crowded conditions in Indian and Brazil vs the blatant lying done in Florida and Texas to undercount

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Also, the country has been reporting cases of Black, White, and Yellow fungus as well.

Black fungus:

A separate study by four Indian doctors has looked at more than 100 cases of Covid-19 patients who had contracted mucormycosis. It found 79 of them were men, and 83 of them suffered from diabetes.
Another study of 45 black fungus patients in two Mumbai hospitals found that all were diabetics or diagnosed with diabetes on admission. They all had very steep blood sugar levels.
"No patient of mucormycosis has normal blood sugar," Dr Akshay Nayar, an eye surgeon who has treated a number of patients, told the BBC.

What is mucormycosis?
Mucormycosis is a very rare infection (WAS very rare, but is suddenly not nearly so rare during the pandemic in India). It is caused by exposure to mucor mould which is commonly found in soil, plants, manure, and decaying fruits and vegetables. "It is ubiquitous and found in soil and air and even in the nose and mucus of healthy people," says Dr Akshay Nair, a Mumbai-based eye surgeon.
It affects the sinuses, the brain and the lungs, and can be life-threatening in diabetic or severely immuno-compromised individuals, such as cancer patients or people with HIV/Aids.

Chaspowr3

May 19, 2021
Is that literally what they are doing? You might be right, I don't know, just that I assumed from the start that the figures in countries like India were going to be hugely undercounted simply for practical reasons, i.e. a lack of the infrastructure necessary for counting accurately.

Not able to assess the full extent of the catastrophe due to infrastructural and technical difficulties is a constant. But, deliberate underreporting is the issue. My colleague is from a Southern state of India ruled by the BJP. He said that there was an order to test only the symptomatic.
One thing Modi has not been receptive to is a compromise on how others perceive him, especially International media. This happened in the case of Greta Thunberg, Rihanna, and more recently when an Australian outlet slammed India's covid handling.

High chances these could have been discussed earlier which I might have no idea of. Pardon me if that's the case.

Reactions: Muse

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Not able to assess the full extent of the catastrophe due to infrastructural and technical difficulties is a constant. But, deliberate underreporting is the issue. My colleague is from a Southern state of India ruled by the BJP. He said that there was an order to test only the symptomatic.
One thing Modi has not been receptive to is a compromise on how others perceive him, especially International media. This happened in the case of Greta Thunberg, Rihanna, and more recently when an Australian outlet slammed India's covid handling.

High chances these could have been discussed earlier which I might have no idea of. Pardon me if that's the case.

I have to admit that that Rihanna thing made me laugh when it happened. Rihanna of all people! It just seemed like such an example of how ridiculous over-sensitive nationalism can get.

Seemed like it wasn't exclusively Modi himself, though he was the epicentre of it - rather it was part of a wider social-trend that Modi has encouraged and made use of...just as Trump has in the US and the Tories have here, and Xi has in China and whoever it is who is running Poland and Hungary these days...it's a global pandemic.

Chaspowr3

May 19, 2021
I have to admit that that Rihanna thing made me laugh when it happened. Rihanna of all people! It just seemed like such an example of how ridiculous over-sensitive nationalism can get.

Seemed like it wasn't exclusively Modi himself, though he was the epicentre of it - rather it was part of a wider social-trend that Modi has encouraged and made use of...just as Trump has in the US and the Tories have here, and Xi has in China and whoever it is who is running Poland and Hungary these days...it's a global pandemic.
Agreed!

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
As you can see here, total covid deaths in India are fast approaching those of the USA and Brazil.View attachment 46607

source: spammer link removed
Your first post is to open up with this? You can't just go by death count, you have to take into consideration the population differences. India has 4 times the population as the US, and 6 times the population of Brazil. Which means, they are doing much better than either the US or Brazil when you put those fact into the mix.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
Your first post is to open up with this? You can't just go by death count, you have to take into consideration the population differences. India has 4 times the population as the US, and 6 times the population of Brazil. Which means, they are doing much better than either the US or Brazil when you put those fact into the mix.
You're doing it wrong everyone here is trying to panic as much as possible.