Discussion Covid Booster Shot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
I was in the first wave of vaccinated health care workers, December/ January. I am part of a study at Mass General that measures cancer patients response to the vaccines. In mid May my blood level was 225 ( they use the Roche assay to measure spike protein antibody) I got my booster on 8/30 & my new level was 2,500!

Needless to say I am pretty pleased, I will of course continue masking & avoiding crowds, I need a pulmonologist but the wait times are months so we will keep my COPD in the house as much as possibLe.

Also, we got email from the head of the hospital…says many can expect 2-4 hour delays in chemo infusions. People getting Keytruda will be scheduled after 4pm. This is one of the world’s best cancer centers & this is concerning.
Moderna is in the news lately for inducing heart inflammation in men 30 yo or younger. All three Vaxx have side effects and problems.. with Moderna capturing the headlines in news agencies outside the U.S.
Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.
Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.)...for somebody with COPD / Congestive heart Disease is a Moderna Booster a good idea?? Perhaps they should wait a few months and see how it goes rather then being a first subscriber?? Any thoughts on this??

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Moderna is in the news lately for inducing heart inflammation in men 30 yo or younger. All three Vaxx have side effects and problems.. with Moderna capturing the headlines in news agencies outside the U.S.
Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.
Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.)...for somebody with COPD / Congestive heart Disease is a Moderna Booster a good idea?? Perhaps they should wait a few months and see how it goes rather then being a first subscriber?? Any thoughts on this??

I've got very early COPD and took the original Moderna series and now a booster. The frequency and severity of incidence is not sufficient to concern me. The drive to the pharmacy was far riskier.

Reactions: IGBT and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I've got very early COPD and took the original Moderna series and now a booster. The frequency and severity of incidence is not sufficient to concern me. The drive to the pharmacy was far riskier.

I have a mild heart condition myself and am getting a Moderna booster next week.... not concerned. (note I'm 57)

Reactions: IGBT and K1052

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Got a better "news" source?

Reactions: Captante

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
The wife and I got our Moderna boosters today. She has a metal taste in her mouth, and I'm fine. That reminds me, what did I do with my vac card?:eek:

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Got a better "news" source?

STOCKHOLM, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Sweden and Denmark said on Wednesday they are pausing the use of Moderna's (MRNA.O) COVID-19 vaccine for younger age groups after reports of possible rare cardiovascular side effects.

The Swedish health agency said it would pause using the shot for people born in 1991 and later as data pointed to an increase of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths and young adults that had been vaccinated. Those conditions involve an inflammation of the heart or its lining.

Seems they are pretty much pushing Pfizer.