Covert TeenTrumpTrolls Busted by Facebook

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’ve never had Facebook despite liking the concept, fortunately I’m aware of how bubbles and misinformation are spread and avoided it like the plague.

It is about time Facebook starts policing itself because the alternatives aren’t good (either things get worse or government steps in and is rebuffed by the Supreme Court in which case things would get even worse).

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Facebook bans marketing firm running ‘troll farm’ for pro-Trump youth group

I have any number of (mostly female) friends and acquaintances who all but live in the Facebook ecosphere. I make the fact that I detest FB known to them, as well as why. It falls mainly on deaf ears. Such is life in suburbia.

and the corresponding foxnews version

Mar 11, 2004
I used to live out there. Not surprised, that area is like a mix of white suburbia and white rural America.

Although, a couple of years ago, there was an old man that took out a lawn chair, and held a sign, and I wished I'd stopped to shake his hand and talk to him. I don't recall what his sign said exactly but it was basically a nice way of saying "Turmp sucks".

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think the Washington Post has bigger fish to fry than investigating groups for violating a corporation's policies.