couting calories right now..Easiest and healthiest way to get tons of Cal?

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Hi,

I just got on scale and I lost like five lbs since two weeks ago, even though I had at least two meals a day and before bed snack and a few cans of sodas a day. My metabolism is pathetically fast. I eat, drink pop, sit on my ass, eat some microwaveable food and sit on my ass. Even then I really have to try maintaining my weight.

What is the most pleasant way for me to get 3,500-4,000 Cals a day? Pizza, peanut butter are okay sometimes, but I really don't like eating those all the time and my likes lean towards stuff like chicken, spaghetti, Taco Bell grilled stuff burrito and roast beef or ham sandwich w/o mayo, unbuttered rice and such. Greasy food is messy and I'm not a big fan of it. I dunno how much calories the foods I like(Calorie calculation is not always possible when you eat out alot and beside Cal calculaiton sucks) have and all I know is I'm not getting enough cals even though I eat until I'm full every time.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Drink a slimfast shake with every meal.

Seriously! That can has somewhere around 400 calories in it for the 12oz that it's worth. Three of those a day and you've gain an extra meal easily.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

<< maybe you have some kind of disease. >>

...or a tapeworm :D

Mephistopheles

May 16, 2001
Well, if you want the "healthiest way to get tons of" calories, eat olives and avocadoes. They high in fat (good fats) and are full of vitamins/minerals. Also, grains are almost completely made up of carbs, so are also packed with calories. But I doubt that many fast food restaurants have any of this stuff on their menu :( And try drinking orange juice instead of soda. hope that helps :)

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<<

...or a tapeworm :D
>>

first impresson:
rolleye.gif

after doing some research on tapeworm on Google, I discovered it can be infected through neglect in food handler's part:

:Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Counting calories right now for today..

Cereal + milk =300Cal
hot pocket=320Cal
microwave pizza=510Cal
school lunch=300Cal
36oz of soda=450Cal
2.5 servs of spaghetti+sauce=880Cal
yakisoba noodle=520Cal
two chicken Gordita supreme from Tacobell=guessing to be 350Cal
---------------------------------

3,630 Cal... dayum... I'm full and I'm just barely meeting my daily calorie need. I have to eat like 4,000 to reclaim the few pounds I lost..

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Jerboy, metabolism will change w/ age. If you don't keep an eye on your diet, you might regret it. Key word, MIGHT :)

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< Jerboy, metabolism will change w/ age. If you don't keep an eye on your diet, you might regret it. Key word, MIGHT :) >>

Thats true, but if I go below 3,000 a day or so, I literally start to burn my body and lose weight.
Tell you the truth, what I had today was more than I fancy to eat.

<< that is such a NON problem. Go cry somewhere else. >>

What do you such a non problem? You wouldn't recognize it as a problem until you experience it yourself. Do you realize its not a very pleasant thing to get on a scale only to see you lost one pound or stayed the same while you are trying to gain five pounds or so even after eating sh!t load of stuff?

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
don't train your body to become efficient at putting on fat, you might end up a total fatass:) why 2 meals a day? eat 3! simple solution:p buy easy to prepare/instant food if need be.

as for healthy "fat".. thats like fish. salmons good stuff:) mmm grilled:)

mind your cholesterol and take in carbo:) pasta/rice/bread whatever.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
calorie calculation reallly reallly sucks... I've been calorie NUTS past few days.

I use a calculator and digital scale to calculate my intake.

Today:

Breakfast from Denny's plus lemonade: 800Cal(guessing)

Lunch: left over pizza:400Cal

Dinner: spaghetti yet again 1190Cal

Ice cream: 240Cal

Coke: 140Cal

-----------------------------
1970Cal... Way too low by 1,500. Looks like I have to eat something before going to bed as usual.