Coup Possibly Happening in Venezuela

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
So US interference in Venezuela / Bolivia etc etc.. That's ok for the war mongers here
Russian interference is a big no..

We deserve one more term of trump and more Russian fake assets with this attitude and paranoia.

Great. got it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So US interference in Venezuela / Bolivia etc etc.. That's ok for the war mongers here

We deserve one more term of trump and more Russian fake assets with this attitude and paranoia.

Great. got it.
Yea, more Trump will show us how much we need to be punished.:rolleyes:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Great. got it.

1) Who said it was okay? Doesn't change the fact that Maduro is illegitimate due to his own actions.
2) This argument makes no sense. The US bombs other countries all the time, by your logic the US shouldn't be upset if someone bombs us today. (hint: we would be)

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
1) Who said it was okay? Doesn't change the fact that Maduro is illegitimate due to his own actions.
2) This argument makes no sense. The US bombs other countries all the time, by your logic the US shouldn't be upset if someone bombs us today. (hint: we would be)

So what were those corrupt actions
1. aggrandizement of power [ Happens here as well]
2. Intimidation of opposition [Happens here all the time]
3. using police to put down opposition [Maybe not as much as Venezuela]
4. Corruption [ The senate and HOR is the most corrupt institution in the world, It's the coruscant of earth. ]

All i am saying is if we go bother other countries in their own democratic elections and foist and worse kill their citizens, we need to stfu about other countries interfering in us. It's the height of elitism and exceptionalism to think we are special.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So what were those corrupt actions
1. aggrandizement of power [ Happens here as well]
2. Intimidation of opposition [Happens here all the time]
3. using police to put down opposition [Maybe not as much as Venezuela]
4. Corruption [ The senate and HOR is the most corrupt institution in the world, It's the coruscant of earth.]

Corrupt actions related to the election are already listed:

All i am saying is if we go bother other countries in their own democratic elections and foist and worse kill their citizens, we need to stfu about other countries interfering in us. It's the height of elitism and exceptionalism to think we are special.

Why do we need to stfu? It makes perfect sense for the US to both interfere in other countries and get mad at them when they interfere with us. This isn't a morality play.

Reactions: cirrrocco

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Corrupt actions related to the election are already listed:

Why do we need to stfu? It makes perfect sense for the US to both interfere in other countries and get mad at them when they interfere with us. This isn't a morality play.

I accept. You make a good point.

-Just that all the whining abt Commie and Russian interference makes us look like wimps.
-It is essentially a distraction and instead of focussing on finding a character that can take over the DNC and kick that numbskull in the WH, the dems have been seriously like total bitches crying abt Russia.
-You don't normally see the amt and of money and treasure spent by other countries to counter American interference.

Reactions: kage69

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
If we agree the election was rigged then Guaido is the legitimate president as per the Venezuelan constitution.
Is this rigged like the Bolivian elections were rigged? Guaido is just a puppet and Venezuelan's don't seem to really support him, i have no doubt in my mind at all that Maduro cheated. I also have no doubt that if they where to hold a free election today that Maduro would out poll Guaido, i'd hope there was a better candidate to run up against him though.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I accept. You make a good point.

-Just that all the whining abt Commie and Russian interference makes us look like wimps.

I think our primary problem here is that one of our two political parties is effectively actively conspiring with the Russians to make sure it happens again. It makes sense to complain about that!

-It is essentially a distraction and instead of focussing on finding a character that can take over the DNC and kick that numbskull in the WH, the dems have been seriously like total bitches crying abt Russia.

At this point I somewhat agree as it appears to be not only too late to really implement policies to counteract it but also because one of the two political parties don't mind it happening because it helps them. That's a recipe for nothing changing.

-You don't normally see the amt and of money and treasure spent by other countries to counter American interference.

I generally think that's because we have way more money to blow than most places, haha.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Is this rigged like the Bolivian elections were rigged? Guaido is just a puppet and Venezuelan's don't seem to really support him, i have no doubt in my mind at all that Maduro cheated.

Guaido could be a total scumbag and a puppet of all the worst people we can think of, but still Maduro cheated in the election and what Guaido is trying to do is the remedy put forth in the Venezuelan constitution.

To me this is not a case of 'I want Guaido', it is a case of 'I don't want Maduro'.

Reactions: KMFJD

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Is this rigged like the Bolivian elections were rigged? Guaido is just a puppet and Venezuelan's don't seem to really support him, i have no doubt in my mind at all that Maduro cheated. I also have no doubt that if they where to hold a free election today that Maduro would out poll Guaido, i'd hope there was a better candidate to run up against him though.

While I think you are just trying to be earnest here, keep in mind that if you concede that Maduro cheated, imperialists like fskimospy will declare that if he cheated, then he cannot be a legitimate leader, and therefore any effort to install a puppet like Guaido is just an honest effort to restore democracy.

Was the Venezuelan election perfect? Of course not. No election is. Was the election any worse then elections like we have here, with low participation, voter roll purges, closure of polling locations, gerrymandering, etc. etc. etc? It's hard to find this information since not many outlets actually sent reporters down to Venezuela, and a lot of the coverage is in Spanish. But from what I was able to find, the answer is no.

Reactions: KMFJD

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Guadio was calling for all that before the outbreak. Saying the same thing he’s said for months if not years is “an attempt spread the virus to weaken Maduro” is stupid. Whether you think Maduro stole the election and should be deposed, or is the rightful president of Venezuela under siege by Maduro is really immaterial. Democratic opposition should not be silenced because of coronavirus regardless of who holds the presidency.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Guadio was calling for all that before the outbreak. Saying the same thing he’s said for months if not years is “an attempt spread the virus to weaken Maduro” is stupid. Whether you think Maduro stole the election and should be deposed, or is the rightful president of Venezuela under siege by Maduro is really immaterial. Democratic opposition should not be silenced because of coronavirus regardless of who holds the presidency.
well they do have socialized medicine down there so they can atleast get care without going broke so maybe your onto something, this could possibly help the few remaining broke brains in Venezuela see the light ?

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

It's pretty hard to mount a democratic opposition if half your supporters are sick and your group played a major role in spreading the virus to everyone else.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

only the best people

Mercenaries.
They are called Mercenaries.

Goudreau is the type of asshole who pitches to Schools that mercenaries in schools at netflix pricing is a good solution to school shootings
( https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...-school-shooting-spending-20181115-story.html)

Mattos is the type of mercenary who is basically taking his military training as a medic and using it as armed missionary work.
He's apparently a religious nut is basically out trying to spread the gospel while killin Muslims who get in the way.