Counterstrike Question

swanysto

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
I haven't played much counterstrike in the past two years, so I don't know much about this Global Offensive game. From what I have read, it seems to be an upgraded version to kind of mix CS1.6 and CS:S.

Well, I finally have a computer I can play on. But when I search for servers(CS:S), most of them suck. They are either jump servers, zombie servers, or really bad maps. It seems like there are very few normal servers playing normal maps, and if there are, there is no one in them.

Has a large portion of the community moved to Global Offensive? I would consider moving to a game like Black-ops or something, but I don't think my computer can handle those, I think the limit is games built on the half life engine.

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
1.6 > CS GO >>>>> CS Source.

CS GO seems reasonably populated, but not as much as 1.6 was in its prime. I have played Source for like 2 hours in my life so no idea how the population compares.

Karstein

Mar 31, 2011
I can't speak for the pro-side of things since I haven't kept up with it for a while, but in terms of the general gaming populace, CS:GO has a lot of people playing.

You don't have to trudge through zombie/surf/gungame servers or anything either - if you use the matchmaking system you'll always be put on a 'normal' server. You can even choose between matchmaking casually (higher team size, no team damage, no having to buy defusers/armor etc.) or competitively (5v5, you get penalties for leaving games early, all competition rules apply, etc.)

I've never, ever had a problem matching into a game. You can always get in pretty much instantly.

swanysto

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
I can't speak for the pro-side of things since I haven't kept up with it for a while, but in terms of the general gaming populace, CS:GO has a lot of people playing.

You don't have to trudge through zombie/surf/gungame servers or anything either - if you use the matchmaking system you'll always be put on a 'normal' server. You can even choose between matchmaking casually (higher team size, no team damage, no having to buy defusers/armor etc.) or competitively (5v5, you get penalties for leaving games early, all competition rules apply, etc.)

I've never, ever had a problem matching into a game. You can always get in pretty much instantly.

That is the information I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure the whole Counterstike brand wasn't turned to zombie games and stuff.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
That is the information I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure the whole Counterstike brand wasn't turned to zombie games and stuff.

Not at all. If anything, the brand has been preserved extremely well. Global Offensive is a good game (in my opinion)

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Anybody know some good CS:GO guides that can train me on how a gun recoils etc and other tips on how to always get a headshot? Seems a lot of people out there either hack or are incredibly accurate with the damn ak47 doing one shot headshot kills. Don't get me started on the AWP... for some reason I always shoot a person but they never die but when I get shot at by an AWP I die instantly... WTF?

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Anybody know some good CS:GO guides that can train me on how a gun recoils etc and other tips on how to always get a headshot? Seems a lot of people out there either hack or are incredibly accurate with the damn ak47 doing one shot headshot kills. Don't get me started on the AWP... for some reason I always shoot a person but they never die but when I get shot at by an AWP I die instantly... WTF?

No guides, just feel. Play the game more and you start learning the tendencies of the gun. Took me a bit to get used to the M4/AK changes in GO compared to 1.6/Source.

AWP is pretty similar.