Countdown: 6...5...4...3...2...1...0 day(s) until COVID-19 will "miraculously" disappear

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
According to Trump back in February the virus was going to "miraculously" disappear by April. Fox News and other right wing media were treating this like a joke and mocking methods to mitigate the spread.

Since Trump is such an expert and truth teller I wanted to get the celebration started early. I will countdown each day until we hit that magic moment, April 1st. Can't wait!

Down to day 5. I can see that curve starting to flatten. Looks like Trump was so right. How could I have possibly misunderestimated this guy??

Down to day 4. We are doing so much better. Things are looking so good Trump finally agreed to enforce the DPA. Of course he used it to pick on GM claiming they aren't making enough ventilators instead of ordering additional companies to retrofit and begin production. Eh, what do I know.

Down to day 3. Has Trump quarentined New York yet? Oh that's right he cancelled the idea. Why quarantine when it will be over in in 3 days. Stable genius.

One day to go!. Hafta admit Trumpers were right all along about this guy! How could I have been so wrong??

Open up the bars! Trump was right. COVID-19 is gone.!! Trump is a stable genius! I was so wrong. They had it contained

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Since Trump is such an expert and truth teller I wanted to get the celebration started early. I will countdown each day until we hit that magic moment, April 1st. Can't wait!
Wanted to let you know that it will require the fingers on both hands for that count. You're welcome.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Countdown: 6 days until COVID-19 will "miraculously" disappear

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR THE STATES AS WELL
Where we have many ^*$^%*# blankety-blank REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS who are toeing the same line as Donald Trump.
Example, Gov Reynolds (R) iOwa, just today extended restaurant and other business closings to the date of.....
Wait for it......
Wait for it......
APRIL 7.
That magical Trumped-up date where suddenly everything will become WONDERFUL!
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE AMERICA !!!!!!

These governors, this president. refuses to take any of this serious and as the numbers rise daily, rise hourly, these son of bitches insist that A DATE MUST BE SET.
F*** the numbers, F*** the facts, F*** the reality and the infections and the deaths.
Everything, EVERYTHING depends on and only depends on THE NUMBERS.
The rate of infections. The rate of deaths. These is no magical ""DATE"" or time frame to decide when the virus will no longer pose a threat.
THIS crap that Trump is pushing and this crap that so many republican governors are pushing is the direct result of science-denying ass-holes that were elected into office by other science-denying ass-holes.
When did the ass-holes take over EVERYTHING ???? :mad:
Considering the leadership for the top and on the state level, if we survive this virus it will truly be A MIRACLE.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Well, you can't be forced into going back to work, so just stay home until it's safe. The other part of that equation is that most people never stopped working, they were on the job today. For some folks the choice is go to work or end up homeless.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
According to Trump back in February the virus was going to "miraculously" disappear by April. Fox News and other right wing media were treating this like a joke and mocking methods to mitigate the spread.

Here is a countdown to the exact day in April. Can't wait.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It might have had an impact if Trump had not wasted january and february... now I fear its momentum is too big.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
why quote Fact Check when it obviously is contrary to what you believe is going to happen!! After all you g]bow and worship Trumps every word!!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Is it ever cold in Thailand?

I was there for the entire month of January and half of February (left Feb 15 just before midnight).

For much of the time I was there, Thailand had the most confirmed cases outside of mainland China (until the cruise ship thing near Japan).

Weather was pretty warm the whole time I was there.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And I hear what little relief the government will offer has been delayed by the fact the congress had to make sure the President wouldn't spend it to insure his personal businesses profit.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I was there for the entire month of January and half of February (left Feb 15 just before midnight).

For much of the time I was there, Thailand had the most confirmed cases outside of mainland China (until the cruise ship thing near Japan).

Weather was pretty warm the whole time I was there.

You mean this warm weather thing is kinda bullshit? Nah.

BTW some of the worst effected areas in the country don't have particularly warm April weather typically...

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, it seems that Donald Trump is hell bent on easing up on the social gathering crack down and pretty much allowing not the states but allowing the individual state county to make their own guidelines.
SO WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS.....
If Trump is going to do this then all of the people going into public places should be required to wear protective MASKS and protective GLOVES. And that should include all cashiers, all food servers, all cooks in the establishment, all waiters and waitresses, all store clerks, every assistant and manager. And, if going back into the workplace then EVERY EMPLOYEE must be required to wear face masks and gloves on the job.

We MUST try to stay one jump ahead of the insanity and poor judgment from Donald Trump. If Trump is going to do incredibly stupid things then we the potential victims of poor Trump decisions need to protect ourselves. And again, one way may be protective masks and gloves when in public. FOR EVERYONE. On both sides.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Let the evagelicals have their miracle,,,,,
This will be better then Linus and Charlie Brown waiting for the Great Pumpkin
9781481435857_p0_v10_s550x406.jpg

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I hope trump leads by example on easter and ends up getting the virus due to his own foolishness.