Could you get away with an IBM Model M keyboard at work?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
I have one at home for my personal desktop. If I wasn't afraid of being lynched at the office for the noise, I'd buy one to use here too. Best tactile feedback ever.

ZV

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I could if I wanted to - I have walls that go to the ceiling and a door that opens and closes. But I don't see what the big deal is. I have no issue with the keyboards that I already have. I don't need to hear myself type, and I can already feel what I'm typing just fine.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: nonameo
so, what ever happened to voice recognition?

Computer? Computer?
*picks up mouse and speaks into it*
Computer? Hello, Computer?
I guess we will have to do this the old fashioned way then!
*Cracks knuckles and begins typing at blazingly fast speeds*

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: BCYL
My coworker had one, and it was LOUD! It 'accidentally' got dropped on the floor and broke during a move...

Shens. It breaks floors! :)

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
Just bought a new in box one for my kids for $18 at a local mom&pop store. It had been sitting on a top shelf for at least 15 years they said. My kids kept breaking the cheap keyboards that they make today. Luckily, it had the ps2 adaptor in it, because I had never seen that AT port or whatever it's called.

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
I could use one at work if I wanted to. All I'd have to do is go to the closest and dig one of the 2-3 that are in the back.

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
I could use one at work. Does anyone know where I could get one that works over USB for cheap?

I like the Das Keyboard as well, but just really hesitant to spend that much on a keyboard.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
I have one at home for my personal desktop. If I wasn't afraid of being lynched at the office for the noise, I'd buy one to use here too. Best tactile feedback ever.

ZV

:thumbsup::beer:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: adambooth
I could use one at work. Does anyone know where I could get one that works over USB for cheap?

I like the Das Keyboard as well, but just really hesitant to spend that much on a keyboard.

Have you tried those adapters that come with ps2 mouse?