Could you be a hero?

SketchMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2005
I'm sure everyone has fantasized about being an action hero at some point in their life. You know, kill the bad guy, get the girl and save the day.

But in all seriousness, let's stop and think about it for a moment. what would you really do if someone was taking from you, the cops can't/won't help and you only have one clue to work with. Do you think you could step up and be a hero? Or would you sit at home and hope it will all turn out O.K?

I'm asking this because with all the movies out these days I'm curious to hear what people think they would actually do in that kind of situation.

Me? I don't really know to tell the truth. I'm 6'1, 152lbs wet, O.K with a gun, have decent wits, play a good amount of scenario paintball but no real fighting experience. If I decided to go Die Hard it would take a whole fist full of luck to make it out alive.

So, what would you do?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I'll do what I can to defend the lives of those that I love... and given the right scenario, would help any fellow citizen. What I would do all depends on the scenario and what I have access to. Is someone holding up a bank that I am in? Well, depends on how smart the robber(s) are and what I feel they are capable of. Someone just kidnap my sister? Doesn't matter the scenario on that one... I'm on the way... the situation for that only determines the exact method of action and how far I go, not if I do anything or not.

don't read that as if I am going to go guns blazing no matter what. I'm going to want to do/definitely do something, but it all is determined by my capabilities at the time, what I have access to, and the specific details of the situation.. such as, are the kidnappers heavily armed, and there is a whole group of them? Is there a feasible method of breaking into wherever they are? Would I have the ability to pull off a few key actions in a speedy haste as to not put my sister (or whoever it is) into further danger?

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
Die Hard requires Bruce Willis; not even Chuck Norris would be able to pull that off, let alone any of us mortals

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I could and I would do anything and everything to ensure their safe return, even if it meant sacrificing my life or livelihood.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I dunno. I'm very much out of shape. My aim isn't all that great.
But, depending on the details of the situation, I may or may not do what's needed.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Coquito
Sure. Once I get in over my head though, I'll let you handle it D-FENS. :p
"i'm not a vigilante. i'm just trying to get home to my little girl's birthday party and if everyone will just stay out of my way, nobody will get hurt."