Could Trump be the LAST president?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
I always find this line of thought so amusing. What is so special about the US military that it cant be defeated? Especially by a bunch of armed leftists?
img.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

The last time our military fought a bunch of armed leftists.

140618092906-01-iconic-vietnam-war-restricted-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

636398091342952994-AXX-VIETNAM-CHOPPERS-FORUM.jpg

C-lgM6aXkAMxSS5.jpg

And I know you will come back with our technology got better. But we can post images of the Iraq and Afghanistan occupation if you want to see how well they did against a bunch of people armed with AK-47s.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, if we keep electing people like Donald Trump, America might as well do away with THE PRESIDENCY.
For whatever it's worth.....
Considering several elections of past have been won not by the candidate getting the most votes, but by the candidate getting the least votes.
And too, that one election where the vote count was stopped and the US Supreme Court chose the next president.
Add in the mix the hacking of voting machines, altered results, Russian interference, and on and on.
So..... what exactly would it matter if Donald Trump or some other moron just remained in office, as president or King or dictator or whatever you want to call it?
America could still switch out governments, however to do that would take an armed revolution in the streets.
Just like in those third world revolutions we see on TV.
And frankly.... isn't that pretty much what we have already become?
We certainly have all the guns needed for a full on revolution.

A congress that ignores the will of the people.
A congress controlled by money and the special interest i.e. the NRA.
Politicians that sell out to special interest minutes after lying themselves into office.
TOTAL UNACCOUNTABILITY.
Mitch McConnell stealing away US Supreme Court justices from sitting presidents.
Chuck Grassley rewriting banking law only to please the banks.
Wars that never end despite public objection.
Wars started despite public objection.
Healthcare providers who control the congress.
Pharmaceutical companies that control pretty much EVERYTHING.
Sure sounds like a third world country to me......
PRAISE MESSIAH DONALD TRUMP!!!!!

Last edited:

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

And I know you will come back with our technology got better. But we can post images of the Iraq and Afghanistan occupation if you want to see how well they did against a bunch of people armed with AK-47s.

Maybe you don't remember, but the American military won a decisive victory against both Iraq and Afghanistan. Sure there was some resistance for a long time, and still is, but overall that resistance was almost completely ineffective. The only reason they were even slightly effective is that the American People didn't feel we were getting much benefit from the deaths of our solders. It is not that the solders were losing the battles.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010

I think most of the Iraqi insurgents are pretty dead.. And the US sucessfully installed their puppet government? Seems they learned a bit from 'Nam. And those wars were a hellish existance for the insurgents, not something people in america today would want to go through. And yes the surveylance tech is so much better! And this would be against the full US military on it's own soil, not a few hundred thousand deployed to a sort-of hostile nation (that many americans didn't give a shit about)!

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
If the current group of Democrats and their left wing zealots aren't stopped, we will soon be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for fair Presidential elections.

Can you name one Democratic president name ANY president of either party that has ever tried to extend their current term by two years, or has ever stated that they should attempt to make themselves "President For Life"?

Only one since the founding of this country, has been that maniacal. He may very well be The Beast mentioned in the book of revelations.

He's too stupid to be The False Prophet.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That Trump is going to be the last president.

What do you think the odds are that Trump says the election was fraudulent if he loses? I say about 95%. The real question will be what republicans do about it, especially if the election is close.

Considering that when confronted with a hostile foreign power attacking our elections to help them their response was to go after law enforcement for investigating it I am not at all certain that they will not continue to put party above country.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If the current group of Democrats and their left wing zealots aren't stopped, we will soon be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for fair Presidential elections.
Theres no light at the end of that trump tunnel... just more shit.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Fantasyland

But if this happens would rather enjoy the quick change of opinion from lefties on gun rights.

I'm one of those lefties that is just fine with gun rights and happily own mine. I'm just not a retard with unreasonable expectations for what that means, and the actual intent of why we have such rights.

The absolute existence of the 2nd Amendment is to counter an administration exactly like Trump's. So, that's the question: is it going to have to come to that? I sure as shit hope not.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I always find this line of thought so amusing. What is so special about the US military that it cant be defeated? Especially by a bunch of armed leftists?

It's strange that you think the military is going to side with Trump against the people of the United States.

Is that what you think?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Maybe you don't remember, but the American military won a decisive victory against both Iraq and Afghanistan. Sure there was some resistance for a long time, and still is, but overall that resistance was almost completely ineffective. The only reason they were even slightly effective is that the American People didn't feel we were getting much benefit from the deaths of our solders. It is not that the solders were losing the battles.

How could we forget "Mission Accomplished"? And what whitewashing of history are you trying to pull with the resistance being ineffective? We were in Iraq for over a decade. And in many capacities still are. Afghanistan we are sitll there as well. And when we left Iraq the resistance turned into ISIS and nearly toppled the Iraqi and Syrian govts. Taliban still around in Afghanistan.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
What do you think the odds are that Trump says the election was fraudulent if he loses? I say about 95%. The real question will be what republicans do about it, especially if the election is close.

Considering that when confronted with a hostile foreign power attacking our elections to help them their response was to go after law enforcement for investigating it I am not at all certain that they will not continue to put party above country.

Who cares what he says if he loses? So he calls it fraudulent. Then what? Are you suggesting he would try to topple our govt to keep himself in power?

This is verging onto weird 9-11 conspiracy like stuff now.

Your complaint about being presented with Russian interference and doing nothing rests at the feet of Obama. Trump wasnt president when it was known about the interference. Not sure what to tell you.

Reactions: Indus

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
It's strange that you think the military is going to side with Trump against the people of the United States.

Is that what you think?
How did you come to that conclusion in that response? My response was to somebody who thinks it is futile to fight the US Military. When history, recent history has shown peasants with guns can defeat the military.

My opinion is if any of this actually comes down the pipe. I'd expect the military to uphold the constitution. But I am sure since we are human parts of the military will spliter and join sides. Like any other major fracture. Including our own civil war when west point grads were leading armies against each other 160 years ago.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Who cares what he says if he loses? So he calls it fraudulent. Then what? Are you suggesting he would try to topple our govt to keep himself in power?

No, what gave you such a bizarre idea? I think he will say the election was illegitimate and call for an investigation and if it is close, potentially a new election. Meanwhile both before the election and after it he will be pressuring federal law enforcement to open a criminal investigation into his opponent.

I mean it is so obvious he will do these things I would bet money on it.

This is verging onto weird 9-11 conspiracy like stuff now.

Yes, what an insane conspiracy theory where someone posits that the Republicans will keep doing the same thing they’ve been doing.

Your complaint about being presented with Russian interference and doing nothing rests at the feet of Obama. Trump wasnt president when it was known about the interference. Not sure what to tell you.

What sort of revisionist history nonsense is this? Amazing how in only two years people have their memories completely reversed from reality.

Obama informed the Republicans that the Russians were attacking our elections. McConnell said if Obama attempted to publicize this McConnell would publicly attack Obama for undermining the legitimacy of the election.

Now you can certainly say that Obama should have ignored the Republican threats but that changes exactly nothing about the fact that when Republicans had a choice between standing with Obama against the Russians they chose instead to stand with the Russians. Party over country.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
How could we forget "Mission Accomplished"? And what whitewashing of history are you trying to pull with the resistance being ineffective? We were in Iraq for over a decade. And in many capacities still are. Afghanistan we are sitll there as well. And when we left Iraq the resistance turned into ISIS and nearly toppled the Iraqi and Syrian govts. Taliban still around in Afghanistan.

Despite all this they have won basically no major or even minor battles against the US military, were not able to stop the dismantlement of their governments, or even kick the American military out of their land. The only land they were ever able to take was when the US military withdrew based on political pressure back home mostly caused by how expensive it is to keep solders in the field.
They have been almost completely ineffective at accomplishing any of their goals. All they have managed to do is hide and occasionally cause minor damage to the US military at the great cost of their lives.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
How did you come to that conclusion in that response? My response was to somebody who thinks it is futile to fight the US Military. When history, recent history has shown peasants with guns can defeat the military.

My opinion is if any of this actually comes down the pipe. I'd expect the military to uphold the constitution. But I am sure since we are human parts of the military will spliter and join sides. Like any other major fracture. Including our own civil war when west point grads were leading armies against each other 160 years ago.

The military isn't going to fire on civilians because any such order would be illegal.

Besides that there is no way civilians would take on the military as they would fail, so they don't fight like an army. ISIS was a PIA, insurgents in Iraq, the Taliban keeps in in Afghanistan with no end in sight. Trillions spend to reach a status quo. Now turn a few thousand to what is likely tens of millions? The government and military would collapse under it's own weight.

The citizen vs the military scenario is about 0 on a scale of 1 to 10.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Fantasyland

But if this happens would rather enjoy the quick change of opinion from lefties on gun rights.

I dont see the need for many folks who are not gun nutters to change their thinking. The 2nd Amendment was written for this exact situation. If the actions of the Federal government require me to take up arms to protect the personal liberties of myself and my community as the Constitution sets forth, I will be proud to do my civic duty in order to protect those liberties. That is the intent of the law as I see it. Keep the citizenry free from dictators.

I will not suddenly realize FUCK and go hide in my house pointing my gun at the door in terror as I wait for the darkies to come steal my welfare check, no. And you KNOW they are coming... I saw it on Facebook.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

1557445192703.png

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Nope. I expect both the presidency and the 117th Congress to look a bit different come 2021.

If Trump's ego and desperation to stay out of prison create some disagreement about it, well I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not too worried. Some yokels somewhere might shit themselves and get arrested, but it will mostly be a Malheur National Wildlife Refuge fiasco kind of thing. The idea that he has the backing of the military is laughable. They know he's a moron as well as anybody else, they know he's fine lying to their faces.

Rising up against an elected body exercising it's duty via rule of law makes you enemy of the state. Bikers may not understand or care about that, but I expect most LEOs and enlisted aren't so interested in a long sentence or worse. There's always lots of talk, and I understand Trump supporters are stubborn, but getting the Tarp Man or the Bundy treatment over a human colostomy bag like Trump is something I think few will choose.

Which is good, isn't there enough right wing terrorism already?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Nope. I expect both the presidency and the 117th Congress to look a bit different come 2021.

If Trump's ego and desperation to stay out of prison create some disagreement about it, well I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not too worried. Some yokels somewhere might shit themselves and get arrested, but it will mostly be a Malheur National Wildlife Refuge fiasco kind of thing. The idea that he has the backing of the military is laughable. They know he's a moron as well as anybody else, they know he's fine lying to their faces.

Rising up against an elected body exercising it's duty via rule of law makes you enemy of the state. Bikers may not understand or care about that, but I expect most LEOs and enlisted aren't so interested in a long sentence or worse. There's always lots of talk, and I understand Trump supporters are stubborn, but getting the Tarp Man or the Bundy treatment over a human colostomy bag like Trump is something I think few will choose.

Which is good, isn't there enough right wing terrorism already?

In a perfect world.. But remember the lady in the video in the OP? Remember Jonestown? Remember Timmy McVeigh?

Trump has that Jim Jones mojo working for him. He could probably mobilize a few thousand inbreds to stand aound him while he did an "Occupy White House" kind of thing. And with that many guns in one location, being held by people who MAYBE made it as far as the third grade, Something bad WILL happen.