Could the Democrats vast voter registration lead be based on fraud??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
More data to back up the 'wholesale fraud' charge
According to STATSIndiana, In 2007, Indianapolis/Marion County had an estimated population of 876,804. Of that number 232,607 were below 18 years of age, for a total of 644,197 people in Marion County/Indianapolis 18 or over and thus eligible to vote. (Indiana allows felons to vote as long as they are not incarcerated).

So we have 644,197 people eligible to be registered in Marion County/Indianapolis, and 677,401 people registered. Congratulations go to Indianapolis for having 105% of its residents registered!
30,000 more people registered than live there? Some thing is really screwed up.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
According to STATSIndiana, In 2007, Indianapolis/Marion County had an estimated population of 876,804. Of that number 232,607 were below 18 years of age, for a total of 644,197 people in Marion County/Indianapolis 18 or over and thus eligible to vote. (Indiana allows felons to vote as long as they are not incarcerated).

So we have 644,197 people eligible to be registered in Marion County/Indianapolis, and 677,401 people registered. Congratulations go to Indianapolis for having 105% of its residents registered!

You do realize that when people are registered to vote in one place and then move and don't register in their new area, that their names are not removed from the rolls, right? (the costs of checking on every move would be astronomical) What that is really a sign of is that Indianapolis is doing a poor job of purging their voter rolls of outdated registrations.

Keep reaching for that rainbow Pro-Jo.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

SOMETHING might be screwed up, but what? That's the problem with your argument here...you point out weird inconsistencies and then claim, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, that it's part of some massive conspiracy on the part of the Democratic party. The data you posted does NOT back up your charge of "wholesale fraud", it doesn't even prove intentional fraud, and it certainly doesn't implicate the Democrats you're trying to blame. Yes, obviously something is going on there, but out of all the possible explanations, why would you assume that it's part of a massive conspiracy with the Democrats driving it?

Look at your posts in this thread. Virtually every point you're making involves saying "probably" or just asking a leading question you don't know the answer to. Are you using your magic 8 ball to prove your point here or do you have some facts to back it up?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

C'mon PJ....you know that that statement is an outright lie. The Dems are not against showing an ID to vote. They are against having people being forced to get a government issued ID to vote at their own expense of time and money.

a) who doesn't already have a government issued id? have you ever met anyone over the age of 18 who didn't?
b) all the proposed laws provide for no-cost ids, yet democrats still stand up and speak against them

These ladies didn't.
Litmus test. If an adult has no government ID they are definitely so out of touch that they are simply being irresponsible to give their ballot.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Rush is complaining today that the election is being Stolen.

Hopefully Obama wins in a total destructive Landslide

Then Rush and all the rep whiners can just STFU

Remember how they complained about the democrats in '00 and '04 being "sore losers" and "whiners"

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
saw a blurb on the news this morning about some county in Indiana that had more registered voters than it has residents. seemed a little weird, maybe the undead have endorsed Obama this year?

Yup, more registered voters Today vs. Census old census numbers

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I am not crying about cheating you dumb ass.

I have not even suggested that a McCain loss could be connected to this type of fraud.

I am talking about perception. If Democrats believe that Obama is getting all these new voters then they will believe that Obama HAS to win. And if the polls show Obama winning, as they do now, and he losses the reaction will be "he was cheated"

We already have people claiming that their will be riots if Obama losses. Imagine if Obama enters election day with a small lead in the polls, but ends up losing. All hell will break loose.

Massive wholesale fraud by groups like ACORN are undermining our system. This stuff must stop.
ACORN delenda est.

What do polls have to do with the number of time someone registered?

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

C'mon PJ....you know that that statement is an outright lie. The Dems are not against showing an ID to vote. They are against having people being forced to get a government issued ID to vote at their own expense of time and money.

a) who doesn't already have a government issued id? have you ever met anyone over the age of 18 who didn't?
b) all the proposed laws provide for no-cost ids, yet democrats still stand up and speak against them

These ladies didn't.
Litmus test. If an adult has no government ID they are definitely so out of touch that they are simply being irresponsible to give their ballot.

I'm interested in the entire list of people that it's okay to disenfranchise.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rainsford

SOMETHING might be screwed up, but what? That's the problem with your argument here...you point out weird inconsistencies and then claim, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, that it's part of some massive conspiracy on the part of the Democratic party. The data you posted does NOT back up your charge of "wholesale fraud", it doesn't even prove intentional fraud, and it certainly doesn't implicate the Democrats you're trying to blame. Yes, obviously something is going on there, but out of all the possible explanations, why would you assume that it's part of a massive conspiracy with the Democrats driving it?

Look at your posts in this thread. Virtually every point you're making involves saying "probably" or just asking a leading question you don't know the answer to. Are you using your magic 8 ball to prove your point here or do you have some facts to back it up?

Some things never change! :laugh:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
This is the same old fearmongering BS, and it's happened before. Fraud like this is done by individuals to get paid more, rather than being a widespread effort to cheat. It's also extremely rare. But by overblowing the case and exaggerating about fraud, Republicans know they can successfully scare people into staying home if they don't have their birth certificate, a driver's license, or whatever they've been mislead into thinking they'll go to jail for not having.
Go back and read the title of the thread and answer the question please.

Yes or No. Could the 4 to 1 advantage in new voter registration the Democrats are claiming be based on fraud from groups like ACORN?

The group claims to have registered 1.5 million voters. How many of them are fraudulent?

And you miss the perception problem. If McCain can some how come from behind and win there will be a lot of people claiming that the Republicans stole the election. And one of the things they will point to is the huge lead in new voters that the Democrats are claiming.

There are many Democrats who actually believe that the last TWO elections were stolen by the Republicans. And we are talking about people like RFK Jr. who wrote about it in Rolling Stone magazine. If McCain wins they we be out there again claiming that Republicans stole another election.

Massive wholesale fraud creates distrust in the system and opens up the idea that people are cheating the system. It then creates distrust in the outcomes of elections. And that undermines our system.

No!! Your massive wholesale posting with your biased and unsubstantiated views creates distrust in the system!

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
rofl, poor Pro-Jo. It's going to be a hard 4 years for the poor troll.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Barrack Hussein (don't call him Barry) Obama does not knowingly support voter fraud but if that's what it takes to win.....

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
There sure is a lot of smoke surrounding this organization. It would be a good idea to investigate it further to see if there is a fire or a smoldering pit.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Thread Merge

Fern
AnandTech P&N Moderator

Article: HOW ACORN GOT ME INTO VOTE SCAM

From the article "Barkley estimated he'd registered to vote "10 to 15" times after canvassers for ACORN, whose political wing has endorsed Barack Obama, relentlessly pursued him and others."

Well this is going to be a fun election eh?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: AAjax

From the article "Barkley estimated he'd registered to vote "10 to 15" times after canvassers for ACORN, whose political wing has endorsed Barack Obama, relentlessly pursued him and others."

Repost pretty much. Not only that, but having someone submit more than one registration does not mean that they get to vote more than once.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: AAjax

Repost pretty much. Not only that, but having someone submit more than one registration does not mean that they get to vote more than once.

Sorry about that I did a search :p

Edit: Different article with input from those directly involved.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its the job of acorn and like organizations to register voters, its the job of the States to then purge out ineligible voters.

The republirat outrage being committed now, is that many State GOP officials are, in violation of federal law, willing to throw out and disqualify hundreds of thousands of legitimate voters, and then justify their actions by saying some of those votes may be illegitimate.

Since when can thousands of innocent voters be punished for the actions of a few guilty parties?

If Acorn is guilty of a conspiracy to register fraudulent voters, then these public officials can and should charge them with a crime and then prove it in a court a law. And they basically do not even try that tactic.

And instead these GOP officials bitch, moan, spin, and commit a greater voter fraud on the larger nation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...6M4D3sn7xrcqQYeG.s0NUE

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Topic Title: Could ProfJohn's vast body of lies and bullshit posts be based on fraud??

Topic Summary: HUGE questions surround PJ and the number of his posts based on lies, deceit, distraction and misrepresentation of facts.

Fixed it for ya. No need to thank me. :cool:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
saw a blurb on the news this morning about some county in Indiana that had more registered voters than it has residents. seemed a little weird, maybe the undead have endorsed Obama this year?

They do in every election.

This is nothing new for Democrats. Happened in 2000, happened in 2004, and it will happen in 2008. Standard Hook and Ladder play.

It's so common, in fact, that they've stopped making excuses (see various posts in this thread). "It happens every year" and "it's not really happening A LOT" are common apologies.

I wonder how these nefarious individuals would react if it were the Republicans caught pulling voter FRAUD. There would be riots in the streets.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Barrack Hussein (don't call him Barry) Obama does not knowingly support voter fraud but if that's what it takes to win.....

Originally posted by: Farang
A Republican is going to complain to me about voter fraud?

..really?

:laugh:

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
You guys are either really dense or are so busy looking for hidden meaning in my posts that you missed my point.

My point is very simple.

How many of these new Democrat voters don't actually exist?

Is it possible that the huge lead that Democrats are getting in new voter registrations could simple be the result of fraud?

I am NOT suggesting that the Democratic Party is involved in this. I am saying that groups like ACORN who have a history of fraud are the cause of this problem.

By their own accounting ACORN claims to have registered 1.5 million voters.
187,000 in Florida
158,000 in Ohio
120,000 in Pennsylvania

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You guys are either really dense or are so busy looking for hidden meaning in my posts that you missed my point.

My point is very simple.

How many of these new Democrat voters don't actually exist?

Is it possible that the huge lead that Democrats are getting in new voter registrations could simple be the result of fraud?

I am NOT suggesting that the Democratic Party is involved in this. I am saying that groups like ACORN who have a history of fraud are the cause of this problem.

By their own accounting ACORN claims to have registered 1.5 million voters.
187,000 in Florida
158,000 in Ohio
120,000 in Pennsylvania

And what WE are saying is that you've provided no evidence for your accusations outside of vague insinuation and dubious correlation.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
. . .

BTW Now we know what Democrats are so against the need for an ID to vote. Much easier to cheat when you don't have to show an ID. Register many times in multiple places with fake names and then show up and vote 3 or 4 times on election day. But if you need an ID it becomes MUCH harder.