Could the Democrats vast voter registration lead be based on fraud??

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
We have heard many times on here about all the new voters who are signing up to vote for Obama.

But is it possible that those numbers are being grossly inflated by the wholesale fraud being perpetrated by ACORN?

From Investors Business Daily
In Nevada, state officials say the fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team, including quarterback Tony Romo.
"Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada," Secretary of State Ross Miller said, "and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4."

While those names will be flagged on Election Day, felonious voters may have better luck using other cutouts. Nevada, along with several other key battleground states, requires no ID to vote.

In North Carolina, where Obama has been running nonstop ads, ACORN has registered a record number of new voters, many of them suspicious. Statewide, Democrats are doing better than the GOP in new converts ? even in traditionally Republican counties.
There have been 218,749 newly registered Democrats in North Carolina since January ? more than five times the 38,337 new Republicans, state records show.

The numbers show a startlingly close political battle even in Republican-dominated Union County, with 4,233 new voters registering as Democrats and 4,362 as Republicans. In previous election years, new Republicans have outnumbered Democrats 2-to-1 in the fast-growing Charlotte-area county.

In Missouri, one ACORN registrant named Monica Rays showed up on no less than eight forms, all bearing the same signature.

Suspicious election officials sent letters to some 5,000 ACORN registrants in St. Louis, asking the letter recipients to contact them.
Fewer than 40 reponded.

In Kansas City, 15,000 registrations have been questioned, and last year four ACORN employees were indicted for fraud.

In addition, ACORN officials have also been indicted in Wisconsin and Colorado. Investigations against others are active in Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
ACORN has also been registering convicted felons ? including inmates ? in Florida and other battleground states. ACORN boasts registering a record 1.5 million new voters so far this election.
and then this
Two Ohio voters, including Domino's pizza worker Christopher Barkley , claimed yesterday that they were hounded by the community-activist group ACORN to register to vote several times, even though they made it clear they'd already signed up.

Barkley estimated he'd registered to vote "10 to 15" times after canvassers for ACORN, whose political wing has endorsed Barack Obama, relentlessly pursued him and others.

Claims such as his have sparked election officials to probe ACORN.

"I kept getting approached by folks who asked me to register," Barkley said. "They'd ask me if I was registered. I'd say yes, and they'd ask me to do it [register] again.

"Some of them were getting paid to collect names. That was their sob story, and I bought it," he said.

Barkley is one of at least three people who have been subpoenaed by the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections as part of a wider inquiry into possible voter fraud by ACORN. The group seeks to register low-income voters, who skew overwhelmingly Democratic.

"You can tell them you're registered as many times as you want - they do not care," said Lateala Goins, 21, who was subpoenaed.

"They will follow you to the buses, they will follow you home, it does not matter," she told The Post.

She added that she never put down an address on any of the registration forms, just her name.

A third subpoenaed voter, Freddie Johnson, 19, filled out registration cards 72 times over 18 months, officials said.
BTW Now we know what Democrats are so against the need for an ID to vote. Much easier to cheat when you don't have to show an ID. Register many times in multiple places with fake names and then show up and vote 3 or 4 times on election day. But if you need an ID it becomes MUCH harder.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
This is the same old fearmongering BS, and it's happened before. Fraud like this is done by individuals to get paid more, rather than being a widespread effort to cheat. It's also extremely rare. But by overblowing the case and exaggerating about fraud, Republicans know they can successfully scare people into staying home if they don't have their birth certificate, a driver's license, or whatever they've been mislead into thinking they'll go to jail for not having.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
BTW Now we know what Democrats are so against the need for an ID to vote.

Haha, I see such desperation in you and I love it because you are like a petulent child who keeps being beaten and yet keeps doing the same thing. It then becomes enjoyable to beat him because he so deserves it.

The beating of course is your desire and hopes to see McCain win. He won't. Stop hoping beyond hope :) It's over, ProfJohn.

The democrats will win fair and square and by a comfortable margin. Your poisoned sense of good government won't get us this time.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
saw a blurb on the news this morning about some county in Indiana that had more registered voters than it has residents. seemed a little weird, maybe the undead have endorsed Obama this year?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
This is the same old fearmongering BS, and it's happened before. Fraud like this is done by individuals to get paid more, rather than being a widespread effort to cheat. It's also extremely rare. But by overblowing the case and exaggerating about fraud, Republicans know they can successfully scare people into staying home if they don't have their birth certificate, a driver's license, or whatever they've been mislead into thinking they'll go to jail for not having.
Go back and read the title of the thread and answer the question please.

Yes or No. Could the 4 to 1 advantage in new voter registration the Democrats are claiming be based on fraud from groups like ACORN?

The group claims to have registered 1.5 million voters. How many of them are fraudulent?

And you miss the perception problem. If McCain can some how come from behind and win there will be a lot of people claiming that the Republicans stole the election. And one of the things they will point to is the huge lead in new voters that the Democrats are claiming.

There are many Democrats who actually believe that the last TWO elections were stolen by the Republicans. And we are talking about people like RFK Jr. who wrote about it in Rolling Stone magazine. If McCain wins they we be out there again claiming that Republicans stole another election.

Massive wholesale fraud creates distrust in the system and opens up the idea that people are cheating the system. It then creates distrust in the outcomes of elections. And that undermines our system.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

BTW Now we know what Democrats are so against the need for an ID to vote. Much easier to cheat when you don't have to show an ID. Register many times in multiple places with fake names and then show up and vote 3 or 4 times on election day. But if you need an ID it becomes MUCH harder.

C'mon PJ....you know that that statement is an outright lie. The Dems are not against showing an ID to vote. They are against having people being forced to get a government issued ID to vote at their own expense of time and money.

You can still use a utility bill as proof of residence in a voting district which doesn't cost the individual anything. No one gets to vote without showing some kind of proof that they are who they say they are or reside where they say that they do.

And you know that. Your desperation has resulted in your selling out of your morals. You are now resorting to known falsehoods to try to make a bogus point.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
This type of stuff is probably way more widespread than what's been presented to the public. There are probably many many college students that are voting in their home state as well as in the state where they go to school.....

ACORN has been doing these things for a long time, I hope they get nailed with RICO big time.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
We have heard many times on here about all the new voters who are signing up to vote for Obama.

But is it possible that those numbers are being grossly inflated by the wholesale fraud being perpetrated by ACORN?
It is also possible that those numbers are mostly based on people that never voted. Record young voter turnout is expected, and it doesn't favor Mac.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Ohhhh now Pro-Jo is crying about cheating to explain the loss.

The funny part is that you don't seem to understand the parts you are bolding. There's nothing wrong with someone submitting several voter registrations, the reason they ask is because many people don't realize that when you move you need to submit a new registration. It's not like when you register twice you get to vote twice.

There is absolutely zero evidence for the type of fraud you are trying to claim, and substantial evidence against... coming from our own government's repeated attempts to show in-person voter fraud after being pushed to do so by the Bush administration. This person driving around and voting 3 or 4 times simply doesn't exist. Not only that, but talk about a horrible way to rig an election. Do you know how much work that requires, how much potential for being caught for 3 or 4 measly votes? Real voter fraud happens in the control of large numbers of votes, in the tabulation of them, etc. In those cases a single act can net hundreds or thousands of votes, not this mickey mouse BS.

Every election the Democrats cry voter suppression, and the Republicans cry voter fraud. At least the Democrats have some proof to back up their claims.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I am not crying about cheating you dumb ass.

I have not even suggested that a McCain loss could be connected to this type of fraud.

I am talking about perception. If Democrats believe that Obama is getting all these new voters then they will believe that Obama HAS to win. And if the polls show Obama winning, as they do now, and he losses the reaction will be "he was cheated"

We already have people claiming that their will be riots if Obama losses. Imagine if Obama enters election day with a small lead in the polls, but ends up losing. All hell will break loose.

Massive wholesale fraud by groups like ACORN are undermining our system. This stuff must stop.
ACORN delenda est.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
All of the ACORN-fraud articles I've seen indicate an invalid-registration rate of less than half of percent. So of those 1.5 million registrations claimed by ACORN, fewer than 7500 would be fraudulent. Allocating that 7500 proportionally across all states, a few hundred votes in this state or that isn't likely to change the course of the election (unless we're talking Florida in 2000).

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
The funny part is that you don't seem to understand the parts you are bolding. There's nothing wrong with someone submitting several voter registrations, the reason they ask is because many people don't realize that when you move you need to submit a new registration. It's not like when you register twice you get to vote twice.
Did you miss the second article I quoted?

Did Freddie Johnson move 72 times in 18 months??

Did Christopher Barkley move 10-15 times?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: shira
All of the ACORN-fraud articles I've seen indicate an invalid-registration rate of less than half of percent. So of those 1.5 million registrations claimed by ACORN, fewer than 7500 would be fraudulent. Allocating that 7500 proportionally across all states, a few hundred votes in this state or that isn't likely to change the course of the election (unless we're talking Florida in 2000).
Suspicious election officials sent letters to some 5,000 ACORN registrants in St. Louis, asking the letter recipients to contact them.
Fewer than 40 responded.
That suggests a rate a little higher than half of 1%.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

C'mon PJ....you know that that statement is an outright lie. The Dems are not against showing an ID to vote. They are against having people being forced to get a government issued ID to vote at their own expense of time and money.

a) who doesn't already have a government issued id? have you ever met anyone over the age of 18 who didn't?
b) all the proposed laws provide for no-cost ids, yet democrats still stand up and speak against them

there is nothing more important in a democracy than the security of the vote. why both political parties are against securing the vote at all levels cannot be explained except for malfeasance. the democrats don't want to secure who is qualified to vote and the republicans don't want to secure the counting method. fuck both of them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I am not crying about cheating you dumb ass.

I have not even suggested that a McCain loss could be connected to this type of fraud.

I am talking about perception. If Democrats believe that Obama is getting all these new voters then they will believe that Obama HAS to win. And if the polls show Obama winning, as they do now, and he losses the reaction will be "he was cheated"

We already have people claiming that their will be riots if Obama losses. Imagine if Obama enters election day with a small lead in the polls, but ends up losing. All hell will break loose.

Massive wholesale fraud by groups like ACORN are undermining our system. This stuff must stop.
ACORN delenda est.

I have never heard even one person ever say "if Obama is getting all these new voters he HAS to win", or anything even tangently related to that. While Democrats might complain about cheating if Obama loses, I sincerely doubt it will be due to their analysis of the number of new registrations that have taken place.

So, if you're just worried about riots and such stemming from this you can sleep soundly now. Don't you feel all better?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: ElFenix

a) who doesn't already have a government issued id? have you ever met anyone over the age of 18 who didn't?
b) all the proposed laws provide for no-cost ids, yet democrats still stand up and speak against them

These ladies didn't.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Did you miss the second article I quoted?

Did Freddie Johnson move 72 times in 18 months??

Did Christopher Barkley move 10-15 times?

I missed nothing, do you still not understand? What I explained to you is why people in registration drives ask people to re-register even if they say they are registered. If Freddie registers 72 times from his same address, he still only gets to vote once. There is absolutely nothing in that article that suggests Freddie put down different addresses.

Oh, and why are you trying to use people ignoring government mail as evidence for fraud? Considering the volume of government mail I ignore, I must be a one man crime spree.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

These ladies didn't.

My own mother doesn't have one. She hasn't driven in a couple of decades so she doesn't have a need for a DL and she doesn't have a state issued ID for whatever other weird reason that I don't recall at this point.

So, the answer to A is YES. I do know someone that doesn't have either one. And the answer to B is because it has already been deemed unconstitutional by the courts.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

These ladies didn't.

i guess living in a convent really is living under a rock.

So, the answer to A is YES. I do know someone that doesn't have either one. And the answer to B is because it has already been deemed unconstitutional by the courts.
indiana's 'toughest in the nation' law was upheld by the Court 6-3 according to the article.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Is there something fishy about voter registration, sure there is. There ALWAYS is and there will always be someone trying to pull a fast one.

But on more than one occassion PJ you used "massive wholesale fraud" to describe the issues surrounding ACORNs voter registration drive and I just don't think that is the case.

explain how there is "massive wholesale fraud" please.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

These ladies didn't.

i guess living in a convent really is living under a rock.

indiana's 'toughest in the nation' law was upheld by the Court 6-3 according to the article.

And Georgia's was overturned by teh U.S. District Courts:

The same federal judge who threw out Georgia's voter ID law last year blocked the state Wednesday from enforcing its revised law during this year's elections.
The ruling came less than two hours after the Georgia Supreme Court denied the state's emergency request to overrule a state court order that blocked enforcement of the new photo ID law during next week's primary elections and any runoffs.

U.S. District Judge Harold Murphy's ruling, which he delivered verbally from the bench, was much broader, also including the Nov. 7 general elections and any runoffs.

If the rulings stand, Georgia voters will not have to show a government-issued photo ID to cast a ballot this year. The state's primary election ? which would have been the first election for which the IDs were required ? is scheduled for Tuesday. The general elections are Nov. 7.
More here

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

a 2008 us supreme court decision trumps a 2006 us trial court decision.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

a 2008 us supreme court decision trumps a 2006 us trial court decision.

Indeed. I thought the Indiana case was a state supreme court.