Could Overclocking Corrupt Login Profile?

itakey

Sep 9, 2005
For some reason my newly built machine corrupted my windows XP pro profile. I have the machine overclocked a bit, but it passes the orthos and memtest86 tests.

Think this could be related? I am going to go crazy if I have to reload this thing one more time!

Anyone ever experience their login profile getting corrupted? Think it is related to overclocking at all?

sharad

Apr 25, 2004
Not sure about user profile but I have had to reinstall/repair Windows because I pushed the FSB too far.

itakey

Sep 9, 2005
Hmm, i'm still stumped....maybe i'll try to set it back to default and try again....or, I'm just going to restore from my last load a few days back, take the hit, and reload more again and remember to make more backups

SerpentRoyal

Banned
May 20, 2007
I've never seen this type of corruption if the PC is Orthos stable for at least one hour. I'd check RAMs and HDD fitness. You may have an unstable copy of windows to start out. Zero fill the HDD and clean install windows. Always make an as-loaded image file of windows after clean install.

itakey

Sep 9, 2005
I bumped up the Vcore a tiny bit from 1.365 to 1.385, and reloaded an image from a few days ago. So far the machine is running great again. I am going to run MemTest86 right now, and then afterwards going to crunch orthos to see what's up.

What do you recommend using to check HDD Fitness?