Discussion Could Obama's comments during the White House correspondence dinner in 2011 to Trump, could have caused Trump to run for revenge?

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Just recently watched this documentary about the life and run up to presidential campaign of Trump and Hillary. The portion of the video that I am putting particular attention on is the first 6 minutes of the documentary. Here Obama is bashing verbally at Trump, who is also at the corespondent's dinner, and the documentary says that it could have probably been the biggest reason out of all the reason for why Trump ran for president. That reason being for revenge of his public humiliation he received from Obama.

I really strongly and highly suggest anyone reading this thread to watch at least the first 6 minutes of the documentary. What are your views? Do you think that was probably the biggest main reason why Trump decided to run?

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yes, prior to that roast, Trump was attacking Obama with birther conspiracy nonsense. Compared to Trump's prior attacks, his response was comedic and relatively tame. Portrays Trump as a conspiracy nutjob LOL. That's exactly what he is.

In answer to the question you pose, yes. There is no limit to Trump's pettiness and the vile behavior that results whenever his ego is bruised.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
you're like, 6 years late with this bit.

We know

look man, here's more public information that is really old and will somehow wow you now:

Trump is a guy that gleefully went to his own Comedy Central Roast, and got fucking mad at the roasters for saying mean things to him.

He literally did not get it. And what's more, the comedians were all in that "volunteer for CC special mode" to do that one, so no actual friends of Trump (like when comedians always do it for each other). There was like, Dennis Rodman probably and a couple of other Epstein-sharing celebrities that "always dug Trump's style," but none of them friends. He has none of those. Not one.

That is what kind of narcissist this is. And again, this was all part of the 2016 campaign. All of this combined. We already knew he was going to, and actually did directly tackle every single thing Obama signed to. Specifically. Because he's a petty, talentless piece of garbage. That's literally who he is, and who he made absolutely no pretense about hiding from anyone, his entire life.

So yeah, thanks OP. We fucking know. 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
you're like, 6 years late with this bit.

We know

look man, here's more public information that is really old and will somehow wow you now:

Trump is a guy that gleefully went to his own Comedy Central Roast, and got fucking mad at the roasters for saying mean things to him.

He literally did not get it. And what's more, the comedians were all in that "volunteer for CC special mode" to do that one, so no actual friends of Trump (like when comedians always do it for each other). There was like, Dennis Rodman probably and a couple of other Epstein-sharing celebrities that "always dug Trump's style," but none of them friends. He has none of those. Not one.

That is what kind of narcissist this is. And again, this was all part of the 2016 campaign. All of this combined. We already knew he was going to, and actually did directly tackle every single thing Obama signed to. Specifically. Because he's a petty, talentless piece of garbage. That's literally who he is, and who he made absolutely no pretense about hiding from anyone, his entire life.

So yeah, thanks OP. We fucking know. 6 years ago.
I wasn't that much into politics until Trump went crazy overdrive by screaming election fraud when he lost.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That is probably the first time I heard you say thanks to Obama.
It was sarcasm.
But I had no huge issue with his presidency. The ACA cost me $4800 the first year, and who knows how much after that, but I got over it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This topic reminds me, that it is a REAL shame term limits exist. Or 2016 could have been won by President Obama.