Could my power supply cause infrequent lockups in Q3. ...AND My brief conversation with SANG-DRAX , an admitted Q3 CHEAT.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a generic 300w power supply, a piii 700@966 , and a geforce ddr, everything seems to be fine 99% of the time, but once in a while Q3 locks during a game with the sound looping, I was thinking that it could be my power supply dropping enough voltage to cause this, is this possible?

Oh Yeah, and then theres this :)

I caught this guy cheating in a DM tonight.

I saw him doing weird stuff, like shooting at the walls and ceilings, and nailing me from out of nowhere, so I spectated him for a few minutes, at first I thought he was looking through walls so I confronted him about it........

ME: Your cheating, you are looking through walls

SANG-DRAX: no im not, i cant see jack throught walls

ME: YOU GUYS WONT BEAT HIM HE IS CHEATING, HE IS LOOKING THROUGH WALLS, I AM WATCHING HIM DO IT!

SANG-DRAX: I CANT SEE THROUGH WALLS RETARD

ME: I AM WATCHING YOU DO IT YOU CHEATING SCUMBAG

SANG-DRAX: I CANT SEE THROUGH WALLS YOU i love you, ITS AUTO AIM

SANG-DRAX: ITS A BOT YOU RETARD

ME: YOU LOWLIFE CHEATING PIECE OF **** CHECK THIS OUT, YOU BETTER CHANGE YOUR NIC CAUSE I AM GOING TO FOLLOW YOU TO EVERY GAME YOU JOIN, IS YOUR AIM THAT BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO CHEAT????????????

SANG-DRAX: YES

sang-drax disconnected

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

edited to be On Topic :)

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry, but this is the WRONG forum to be venting (about a game) in....

Big Bwana

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
hey Slacker,

I've got the exact same problem in q3a. I had to do a fresh install after a disk failure and all of a sudden this problem reared it's ugly head.

I've installed the 1.17 point release, disabled all my virus checkers, firewalls, rc5, hell even tried disconnecting from my network, but I still get it every once in a while. I'm running w2k on a dual 550, aiw 128, sblive, 256MB...

don't have a clue on this...

BB