could it be. I agree with PETA for once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2007
Apparently they already filmed it and the snake survived, so PETA's claim is wrong from the get-go (which is unsurprising, given that PETA have the collective intellect of an inbred marmot). But, yeah, what in the goddamn shit is the point in showing someone getting swallowed by an anaconda and reemerging? That's not educational, it's just fucking stupid. "Here, let's fuck with this giant snake for no goddamn reason other than entertaining slack-jawed troglodytes who would be just as happy if we showed them footage of buildings collapsing." Fuck that.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I think it's abusing an animal for no other purpose than entertainment, and to me that's wrong.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
I won't be watching the show. I like animals too much, and my general rule of thumb around this household is this: You don't ever hurt animals unless 1) It's attacking you. 2) You need food. (emphasis on need) (Reminds me of the South Park episode - Volcano)

doubledeluxe

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2014
What in the world happened to the Discovery Channel and Learning channel these last few years?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
What in the world happened to the Discovery Channel and Learning channel these last few years?

They dabbled into reality tv and more entertainment-oriented tv, must of had good ratings. In essence, they found out that there are lot more mouth breathers watching tv than people who are interested in anything that is actually educational, and gravitated towards what will make them more money. At least that's what seems to have happened.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Apparently they already filmed it and the snake survived, so PETA's claim is wrong from the get-go (which is unsurprising, given that PETA have the collective intellect of an inbred marmot). But, yeah, what in the goddamn shit is the point in showing someone getting swallowed by an anaconda and reemerging? That's not educational, it's just fucking stupid. "Here, let's fuck with this giant snake for no goddamn reason other than entertaining slack-jawed troglodytes who would be just as happy if we showed them footage of buildings collapsing." Fuck that.

Oh, you mean the silly science reality show, pro gun channels?
What a disapointment that outfit turned out to be. So much for discovery.

Last edited:

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
An anaconda that can swallow a human whole isn't going to be hurt too much by swallowing that human. Unless of course the human uses a sharp object to escape once swallowed.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
An anaconda that can swallow a human whole isn't going to be hurt too much by swallowing that human. Unless of course the human uses a sharp object to escape once swallowed.

It isn't the swallowing. Depending on where in the digestive tract and the means used I should think it could be damaging even if the snake survived. Not a fan.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I saw a news clip about this earlier; just shook my head. That's just so effed up in so many ways. Bring back Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Very strange, interesting, but also potentially cruel stunt.

The problem with PETA is a lot of their message is legit but they undermine it by being psycho from time to time and it estranges much of their potential audience. Most people are opposed to cruelty to animals but peta does a poor job of representing the greater public's thoughts on the matter.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I agree, it doesn't matter that the snake lived or not this was a pointless act that inflicted terror in the snake if anything else. No reason to do that to a creature for the sake of ratings. Do I think snakes have emotions? No. Do I think this can be painful to it? Absolutely. I have no problem killing these things in FL where they don't belong, but no reason to torture the damned things.

Status
Not open for further replies.