Could I make waffles with a quesadilla maker?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FDF12389

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2005
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: tenthumbs
I"m still wondering why anyone would need a special cooking device to make quesadilla's?

Agreed. Very strange as quesadillas are one of the simplest things to make in either a frying pan or the oven.

KT

Useless Christmas from two years ago, which is why I used it to make flapjackwaffles, er, flatjacks, er, idk what i just made.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: FDF12389
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: nsafreak
No, it isn't deep enough to properly cook a waffle and might not heat to the right temperature.

You dont know what you're talking about.

Yeah, he's the idiot. :roll:

Yea I know right.

As soon as I get off work I'm gonna find a way to make it work.

That was a jab at you, dummy. :roll:

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: ondarkness
Originally posted by: Fritzo
They would turn out more like fried dough you get at carvinals.

Aren't those called johnny cakes?

Johnny cakes are a pancake made with corn meal and leavening as opposed to wheat flower. Also called hoe cakes and a variety of other names.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: tenthumbs
I"m still wondering why anyone would need a special cooking device to make quesadilla's?

Agreed. Very strange as quesadillas are one of the simplest things to make in either a frying pan or the oven.

KT

Useless Christmas from two years ago, which is why I used it to make flapjackwaffles, er, flatjacks, er, idk what i just made.

Did they have cheese in them?

Cheesy waffly goodness...