Could anyone with an accounting background help me out? (Update)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
I spoke to my professor this morning (decided to see him on office hours) and basically he told me that my answer to #3 was "too brief". I acknowledged that my last T/F answer was wrong, but other than that he said I got most credit for everything else. He also said on the tax depreciation schedule, I didn't mention Internal Revenue Code 179, which I guess means that I could've expensed with all of the equipment under the limit of $18.5K. I thought this was kind of a B.S. answer, requiring me to assume that I didn't already expense some other equipment and reached the limit.

After flipping through my exam and finding nothing else 'wrong', he finally said that because of changes in the grading policy, he is no longer required to give absolute grades, just relative to the class (curve). Apparently most of the class did better than me, although it *seemed* more than half of the class was clueless going into the final (mostly liberal arts and poli sci majors with no accounting experience, although one guy was a friggin CPA). Anyway I'm just ranting a bit. Thanks again to the above people for helping me check my exam. :beer:

Oh, and it turns out he docked some points for not "explaining" my answers, even though he said no work was necessary :disgust: