could a high end pc run "The Dark Sorcerer"

Artic_King500

Nov 2, 2013
the Dark Sorcerer demo was pushing around 1 million polygons for the main character.... running on a ps4, and alot of people say "its just a tech demo" Quantic Dream is know to have their games surpass their tech demos

could a high end pc run TDS with the 1 million polygon count

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
With Mantle, sure :p

But on a serious note, yes, if you throw enough hardware at the problem or you focus development effort on a single architecture.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
<yawn>

"A New Dawn" peaks in the 4 million polygon range, and that's a tech demo for a 2 year old architecture at this point.

Also, this account seems to be a troll PC users with a misunderstanding about just how low end consoles are gimmick account.

Last edited:

Artic_King500

Nov 2, 2013
<yawn>

"A New Dawn" peaks in the 4 million polygon range, and that's a tech demo for a 2 year old architecture at this point.

Also, this account seems to be a troll PC users with a misunderstanding about just how low end consoles are gimmick account.

a new dawn doesn't have 4 million polygons for 1 character....

Imouto

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2011
On a side note Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite has around 20k polygons (triangles mostly). I don't think you'd need 50 times that amount ever unless you're doing hair stuff the wrong way.

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
Could someone provide some links to the demos? I am curious how they run on my system...

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
This is a really stupid question, I'm sorry. I mean, you do know that the PS4 uses PC parts and is not showing anywhere near as much performance as high-end PCs right now, right? On top of that you asked it here, where people are biased to the point of making completely ridiculous comments in a desperate attempt to prove that consoles are bad...

hawtdawg

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2005
The PS4 has what is now a low-mid range GPU in it, coupled with a netbook CPU.

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
The PS4 has what is now a low-mid range GPU in it, coupled with a netbook CPU.

This entirely and it runs Battlefield 4 @720p medium, awhile the rig in my sig can do 1440p Ultra without AA at 60FPS.

zlatan

Mar 15, 2011
the Dark Sorcerer demo was pushing around 1 million polygons for the main character.... running on a ps4, and alot of people say "its just a tech demo" Quantic Dream is know to have their games surpass their tech demos

could a high end pc run TDS with the 1 million polygon count
The polygon count is not a problem. A mainstream PC GPU can do the same. The problem is the rendering. It is impossible to run on PC with standard APIs, because these don't have enough resources for this kind of quality level. But in theory the hardwares can run it.

Last edited:

blackwhiskers

Jan 6, 2013
this guy is either a troll or a very bad ps4 marketer. his previous thread was very much in the same spirit.

answering seriously, yeah, easily could. polygon count hasn't been the real problem for a while now, it's all about the shaders these days, and no matter how you slice it, a "high-end" pc simply has more number crunching (and number crunching is, essentially, all a shader core does) power than ps4 will ever have.

better question is why can't ps4 even handle the full extent of the ue4 elemental demo that a very much current-gen card gtx680 could? the most promising feature of ue4 - svogi - was cut from the ps4 version of elemental demo. how about that, OP? where's the promised next-gen?

desprado

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2013
This guy is trolling both AMD and Nvidia Official forums too.I dont what answer he wants.

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
The polygon count is not a problem. A mainstream PC GPU can do the same. The problem is the rendering. It is impossible to run on PC with standard APIs, because these don't have enough resources for this kind of quality level. But in theory the hardwares can run it.

When you say "these don't have enough resources," you mean that PCs don't have enough rendering resources, right?

This raises the question, are you suggesting that consoles *DO* have enough rendering resources?

If so, are you suggesting that consoles have *MORE* rendering resources than PCs?

I believe that last suggestion is entirely fictional and based on magical, zealous thinking.