Cotton Candy Maker!

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
I'm going to buy a cotton candy maker, but I don't know anything about them or the brands. I'm looking to spend maybe $50-$100 for one. I see a bunch on ebay, but I don't know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

L

Lola

we got my husbands niece one for christmas a few years ago. It was a plastic childs one, but it really did work and it was tasty spun sugar!

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
we got my husbands niece one for christmas a few years ago. It was a plastic childs one, but it really did work and it was tasty spun sugar!

I read a guide on ebay that said not to "waste" money on any machine less than few hundred dollars as they don't work very well and hardly make any cotton candy.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
If you buy one, you might as well turn it into a side business and go to little league baseball games with it and church events. :p Otherwise, just buy the decomposing flat plastic bag from Kmart like the rest of us. :D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
If you buy one, you might as well turn it into a side business and go to little league baseball games with it and church events. :p Otherwise, just buy the decomposing flat plastic bag from Kmart like the rest of us. :D

The man DOES have a point. I'd imagine cotton candy has like a 300% profit margin. What's in it? Sugar, corn syrup and food coloring? 100 pounds of CC = $10 in materials.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
I more or less had it in mind as a christmas gift for my girlfriend. Don't think she wants a big commercial one, but I don't think she's going to want some stupid thing she'll never use.

BTW, this is what she said she wanted.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
just save yourself a lot of money and trouble and just buy a bag of sugar and a spoon.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
I more or less had it in mind as a christmas gift for my girlfriend. Don't think she wants a big commercial one, but I don't think she's going to want some stupid thing she'll never use.

Still picking them up at the local high-school fun fair I see... ;)

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: randay
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

Still picking them up at the local high-school fun fair I see... ;)

LOL nope, but good guess! She's in college just like me and she's beautiful and no I don't have pics because I'm lazier than anyone on this entire forum.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: randay
just save yourself a lot of money and trouble and just buy a bag of sugar and a spoon.

But its not fluffy. If im going to put myself into a diabetic coma Im going to have fluffy sugar damnit.

Now that I had to cut out the sugar for several years I find anything made with it, like a sip of regular cola, of coffee, is the nasty. I just cant stand regular sugar anymore and have to have splenda or the pink/blue stuff that will make me die of cancer instead.

DanDrop

Aug 9, 2002
I own a few. I have several econo floss ones and they work great. They are pricey, about $550-$700. They use floss sugar, you can get them at Smart and final for about $5 per box (good for about 50-100 cones). Incidentally you can find these cotton candy machines at smart and final as well.