Costco Vitamix Return Policy?

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Back in April I purchased the Vitamix Blender from Costco, and I have been very happy with it, I use it 2 to 3 times a week; however yesterday at my local Costco, I noticed they had the PRO series model for sale and it looked to have a few more features, that would be nice to have.

I was thinking about returning my old Vitamix blender and getting this better model they have for sale. It has been a little over 90 days since I got the Vitamix blender, so would it still be in some return window?

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Suck it up you bought the thing. Why should Costco pay for your "wants"?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The 90 days policy ONLY applies to "technology" items like TV's, cameras, and computer stuff.
I agree that returning it would be "abusing the policy," but it's THEIR policy...and he should be able to return it for a full refund...as long as he has his receipt.

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000
The 90 days policy ONLY applies to "technology" items like TV's, cameras, and computer stuff.
I agree that returning it would be "abusing the policy," but it's THEIR policy...and he should be able to return it for a full refund...as long as he has his receipt.

if he using his a/x costco card, they can look it via his membership number.

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
You can almost certainly return it. This is one of the reasons to join Costco, a liberal return policy. It can't hurt to ask anyway, worst they'll say is no.

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
You can definitely return it. I bought a Blendtech and it fucking sucks. I'm gonna return it.

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000
What does Costco do with all those returns? Since they can't resell them as new.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Shame on you! I hope the next blender you use explodes in your face.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
So when you walk up to the service desk what are you going to tell them the reason is for you returning the blender?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Their return policy is there for the customers, not just window dressing. If you're not happy with the vitamix, return it. I have one, and am not sure why it's disappointing, but I've seen them returned before. The manual 'always start both on low' controls are a bit annoying, but you get used to it. I use mine every day.

I did a return that is sure to annoy others. I bought a sealy bed from them and enjoyed it for about 18 months. After that, I had to put a board in the middle for more firmness, as the box spring sagged. Then I had to put 2x4's in between for even more support, to limit the top from sagging. Yet it was still painful for us to sleep in (king). It was the sh!ttiest bed I've ever bought and returned it to costco after 4 years, with receipt. I would have rather shoved it up sealy's @ss, but costco's return policy is too convenient.

Last edited:

ondarkness

Platinum Member
Nov 10, 2004
I heart costco as much as i heart my 5200 Vitamix. I got the short canister for my bday! Love it more everyday. That fancy one does look sexy, but im happy. My memory foam mattress.... thats another story. PITA to move, so im keeping it for now....

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Why, if they allow it, then why not.

People like you who use the return policy to "upgrade" perfectly good products are the reason they dropped their lifetime return policy on electronic items. Soon they'll start limiting the policy on other products as well.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
People like you who use the return policy to "upgrade" perfectly good products are the reason they dropped their lifetime return policy on electronic items. Soon they'll start limiting the policy on other products as well.

what would be a good reason to return something?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I'll return items that don't meet expectations, including a 2.5 pound bag of spinach that went bad after two days in the fridge and some vitamins that gave me a headache. No use getting stuck with them if they aren't usable.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
Product doesn't work correctly or as expected.
if it doesn't work correctly then that's covered by warranty and is completely seperate from returning it.
how is not working as expected any different from finding yourself wanting more features?