Costco amazes me.

Oct 19, 2000
17,861
4
81
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Is 15lbs alternator sized???

OK, I've finally got to ask. I've seen this alternator sized joke a million times here, but I'm completely out of the loop. Someone fill me in.
 

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
64,862
84
91
Originally posted by: RedSquirrel
Woah why so expensive, what makes it special compared to normal beef?

If you buy in bulk do you get a discount?

look at the even marbling for one.
 

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
24,777
837
126
Our genetically traceable cattle are raised on a diet of soybeans, wheat barley and beer

Great... as if you needed another way to get drunk they add booze to the meat. ;)
 

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
64,862
84
91
Originally posted by: Newbian
Our genetically traceable cattle are raised on a diet of soybeans, wheat barley and beer

Great... as if you needed another way to get drunk they add booze to the meat. ;)

yea who needs free range when u got beer lol:)
 

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
6,211
121
106
Originally posted by: RedSquirrel
Woah why so expensive, what makes it special compared to normal beef?

If you buy in bulk do you get a discount?

The cows are raised on a diet of soybeans and beer. The Japanese really are amazing. They have solved the world's beef problem and natural gas problem at the same time.
 

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
41,599
19
81
Unless every bite is ethereally mind-blowingly orgasmic, it's way too expensive.

 

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
14,074
5
71
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Unless every bite is ethereally mind-blowingly orgasmic, it's way too expensive.

I've had Kobe Cap steak for about 60$ for 10oz, and it was very delicious. I can only imagine the rib-eye being so much more so, but I wouldn't pay more than 100$ for 16oz.
 

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
36,152
17
81
Paging JS80, you're needed in the uber expensive beef discussion thread.

But damn, that's some crazy looking marbling on that beef. I bet it melts on your lips.

Originally posted by: her209
I noticed it didn't say "free-range".

Free range would make the meat tough. These cows probably have less than a mile on the pedometer.