Info Cost per Frame (CAD), new GPUs, 18 Game Average, 1440p, High Quality

Bobsy

Jan 5, 2010
I put this chart together just for fun. It shows the cost per frame in Canadian dollars (before taxes) of a bunch of newer GPUs. The frame rates are taken from Hardware Unboxed and I assume they are the same for a specific GPU processor regardless of the specific card (I know this is imperfect, but fancy AIBs rarely improve wrt this metric.) Prices were the best I could find on Newegg, Canadacomputers or Memoryexpress.

Note: "ASUS RX 6800" and "ASUS RX 6800 XT" are simply the original cards from AMD. I guess I mislabeled them.

GPU Cost per Frame CAD 2020.jpg

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
HA HA HA

What an idiotic new parameter from NV!

LOOK! OUR COST PER FRAME IS BETTER THAN AMD! AMD SUCKS!

Speak for yourself, I find it the most compelling argument around.

In the US going by MSRP prices I came to the following conclusion:
The rtx 3080, rtx 3060ti, and the 6800 xt are the cheapest per frame. All the others, especially the 6800 non-xt fall behind.

I am also noticing other trends, and I have seen this prior to the covid disaster. Old graphics cards, like the rx 500 series, and etc are not losing value like they "should". The same is true with certain old CPUs. New cpu's like the Ryzen 5000 msrp is 50% more then the Ryzen 3000 series.

AMD will jack up the prices of there next gen rdna3 cards just like they did with Ryzen 5000. The next gen is unlikely to be cheaper then the current on cost per frame.

With the USD seeing rampant inflation, it makes sense to buy now.

Reactions: Mopetar

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
HA HA HA

What an idiotic new parameter from NV!

LOOK! OUR COST PER FRAME IS BETTER THAN AMD! AMD SUCKS!

Cost per frame is hardly a new metric. Many reviews have included something like this for years now, and in a lot of those years it was an AMD card that came out on top.

The only thing novel about this is that it's from a Canadian perspective.