Cortez moves into luxury apartment complex.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
We feel your concern.

It was a factual statement with a link providing context to the UC accusation. And posted without any “concern” commentary from me. JFC some folks here need to lighten up, not every piece of information posted is meant to convey some grand meaning or political implication. Sometimes it’s just “I think that poster was talking about this - <insert link>.”

Nov 25, 2013
It was a factual statement with a link providing context to the UC accusation. And posted without any “concern” commentary from me. JFC some folks here need to lighten up, not every piece of information posted is meant to convey some grand meaning or political implication. Sometimes it’s just “I think that poster was talking about this - <insert link>.”

Whatever you say bunky.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I must say I am forever loving the conservative hysteria and tears over AOC... End Of Days, End Of Days.. The sky is falling.
Meanwhile Trump is selling out EVERYTHING American to his man-crush Putin.
Suck it.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
Damn, that's a steal. A studio with a gym and a pool is waaaay more than $1,800 in Manhattan.
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 5.25.32 PM.png

Reactions: Meghan54

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
So you are telling me that she got it CHEAPER than she should have? Something fishy is going on there. Surely.

Nope, I'm saying to those of us in Manhattan, she's living in low income housing as far as pricing is concerned, from our perspective. :p

The pricing of her apartment is clearly listed in that article and the developers website for everyone to see.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Nope, I'm saying to those of us in Manhattan, she's living in low income housing as far as pricing is concerned, from our perspective. :p

The pricing of her apartment is clearly listed in that article and the developers website for everyone to see.

I bet she plays loud music though - annoying her neighbors! And dancing too.
Goddamn AOC.

Feb 4, 2009

and that is an absolute bargain if it’s for more than 3 months of service.
As I stated before, I’m a realtor I have marketing/social media marketing companies targeting me all the time. The cost is always around $350 per month for a zip code or two and about $600 per month for advertising in a county.

*rates vary but they are all in that ballpark, I’ve never had one say much less than above other than one that wanted $500 per month for an undefined area, they target the ads to people within a “short drive” of me and they take 25% of any sale.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Well based on the OP's "logic" no one who has ever eaten in a nice restaurant can advocate for the hungry, no one has ever lived anywhere but a box on the street can advocate for the homeless, no one who has ever had good medical care can advocate for the uninsured. etc.

In a way I actually feel kind of bad for the OP, he is being manipulated by some pretty shitty propaganda piece so that he'll ultimately decide to not participate in the political process.

This is what conservatives constantly do to make excuses of why they shouldn't care. In fact, obligated not to care by their position.

-You can't advocate and defend the poor unless you live like one of them (ergo rich are not supposed to have a duty. Jesus says this, they are pretty sure)

-You can't be concerned about climate change unless you live in a yurt and never burn a drop off fuel

-You can't focus on a healthy diet unless you eat only grass

Basically an impossible purity test that all are expected to meet inorder to have a voice.

Since none can pass, there is no voice to listen to.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
She should be living in a cardboard box under one of the many bridges in DC, just like the rest of the USHoR and the US Senate.
Even then, the republicans wouldn't be happy. The only thing she could to to appease them would be to stop talking and stop pushing for progress.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
It's a $2k/mo apartment, not a $100k car or a $2k gucci bag. That's hardly flaunting your wealth, especially not in DC.

And where you are wrong is because you fell for the right wing false narrative that liberals don't want people to become successful and wealthy.

Even if it were, can she not care?

Is a billionaire advocating for the poor a hypocrite because they themselves are wealthy?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Even then, the republicans wouldn't be happy. The only thing she could to to appease them would be to stop talking and stop pushing for progress.

Yeah they say she’s not smart enough to live in anything but a box now she wants to write financial policy. We’ll all be living in boxes like her.