corsair tx850 failing?

kazyn

May 14, 2009
So, In my older rig while gaming the computer would freeze and screen turned grey so i suspected the video card is failing. I ended up pulling it out and putting it in my newer computer to see if it does the same thing. But when i put it in my newer computer, it would boot but then the main hd, 1 dvd drive and fan stopped working. So i took the old video card out and put my newer one in, the same thing would happen it wouldnt detect the main hd, 1 dvd drive and the back fan wouldn't work. I found that by wiggling the cables around abit everything would just go back to working like normal. So is it that the power supply in my newer computer is failing, or the video card did something funny to it? or the cables? I'm at a loss so any help would be appreciated.

Dec 16, 2014
Just in case it is the PSU that's causing the problem, the TX850 has a 5 year that you can take advantage of.

But before we jump to that conclusion, I'd like to clarify a couple of things. When you said everything goes back to normal when you wiggle the cables, what cables are you referring to? main power plug? or the PSU connectors? Also, so you took that video card from the old system and moved it to the new system and get the same issue? because if that is the case, that's more on the video card than the PSU.