Corsair releases Gold cert'd power supplies, incl. a 1200W unit, NOW TESTED AT JG!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stefan Payne

Dec 24, 2009
If you are worried about that, then what color the cables are doesn't matter....they could just as easily hook up a yellow wire to a 5V and a red wire to a 12V if they are going to be making mistakes.
Yes but that's something you coud see relatively easy.
Even the man who does the cables could see it easily.

That happened before - with the 5.25" to 3.5" adaptor of the HX450...

what do you have against the Chinese?
Nothing.
Maybe I should have written 'poor Chinese guy'.
My vote is no. You are obviously biased and have been banned from at least 1 forum for shilling and trolling AX1200 reviews. With that sort of bias so paynefully apparent, your review would be close to worthless since you cannot be impartial.
Why not?

If I'm really that biased, you say I am, and the AX1200 is a really good product, than it should be rather easy to attack my criticism of the AX1200, so you have nothing to fear, if your product is as good you say it is.
So why are you so insulting?

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Yes but that's something you coud see relatively easy.
Even the man who does the cables could see it easily.

That happened before - with the 5.25" to 3.5" adaptor of the HX450...

Nothing.
Maybe I should have written 'poor Chinese guy'.

Why not?

If I'm really that biased, you say I am, and the AX1200 is a really good product, than it should be rather easy to attack my criticism of the AX1200, so you have nothing to fear, if your product is as good you say it is.
So why are you so insulting?

Well, there's informed criticism, and then there's just being critical for being a douchebag....which pretty much sums up all your critical "analysis" of the AX1200.

Go back to Cougar and quit bashing on Corsair. It's become quite tiring to constantly have to scroll by your incessant bleating the "the fan is loud", "It's not efficient", "It's a Corsair...products made by the devil himself." trash you spew here, at JG and a few other places I've found.

Stefan Payne

Dec 24, 2009
You have realized, that I've changed my mind towards HEC?
After I testet the Cougar 700CM on the Chroma...

And if the AX1200 comes to Germany the way it's now, there will be many people bashing corsair due to the noise of the fan...
The European customers don't accept loud (or even notacible) PSUs anymore...

Let's talk about pricing of corsair products here in Germany:
For Example a HX650 is about 110€, an Antec TP-650 about 90€ and a Seasonic M12D-750 starts at about 120€, the Corsair HX750 at about 130€...
So over here Corsair is really expansive, without being any special...

Last edited:

FragKrag

May 27, 2010
My only complaint about their cables on my HX1000 is that they are designed for a top mount PSU. If you mount your PSU on the bottom and have multiple HDs, you have to plug them in from the top down instead of from the bottom up. Makes cabling more difficult with a bottom mount PSU. Considering that Corsair's flagship case has a bottom mount PSU, I would have expected them to accommodate this configuration. It's not the end of the world by any means, but it is a detail that was overlooked.

Yeah that took me like 5-10 minutes to figure out with my HX650, but I didn't really mind it since the cables were plenty long.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Yeah that took me like 5-10 minutes to figure out with my HX650, but I didn't really mind it since the cables were plenty long.

Yeah, my 850 is the same way, too. Kind of frustrating to have to put a twist into the cable to get it to line up top-to-bottom on a set of hard drives when the ps is on the bottom of the case.

Oh well, you takes the bad...odd cable arrangement....with the good....any of the Corsair power supplies.