Corsair Hydro CPU Cooler and Case compatibility guide

Dec 16, 2014
We have put together an in depth guide for you guys to use as a reference when choosing the right Corsair AIO liquid cooler for your build. If you want to know what the specific differences are between the models in our extensive Hydro Series CPU Liquid Cooler line - and which of our cases they're compatible with - this article will tell you everything you need to know.

Corsair Hydro Series CPU Cooler Decoder Ring and Case Compatibility Chart

Meyzwe2.jpg

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I have a question for Corsair Joseph... what does GT/GTX stand for? If the answer is good, I'll go buy one today.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
All around, the compatibility guide is a great idea.

If model distinctions in the product-line coincide with performance and design differences, all the better.

Personally, this will save me either some time, some trouble, or some mistakes in making plans for the remainder of the year. And I say that to emphasize specifically that my choice of AiO and custom-water is not a "done deal." "Size and fit" specs will still drive the choice of individual components. Can be said of other features as well.

Dec 16, 2014
I have a question for Corsair Joseph... what does GT/GTX stand for? If the answer is good, I'll go buy one today.

Let's start Coolers with "i" designator. They are Corsair Link enabled.

"GT" designator means improve performance over the non-i and i models.

"GTX" designator means that the cooler has a replaceable colored inserts on the side of the rad and top of the pump cap for aesthetic reasons, otherwise performance is the same as the GT version.

Last edited:

Essence_of_War

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2013
"GTX" designator means that the cooler has a replaceable colored inserts on the side of the rad and top of the pump cap for aesthetic reasons, otherwise performance is the same as the GT version.

Learn something new everyday!

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
Nice to see great documentation, many companies sell decent products but lack any kind of literature on them.

Dec 16, 2014
We'll do more of these type of blogs in the future to make it easier for our customers to know which cooler goes with what case...

Glad to see that you guys found the article helpful :)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Nice to see great documentation, many companies sell decent products but lack any kind of literature on them.

thats because when there was literature it was written in such broken english, you couldnt make sense of it anyhow and had to rely on the pictures to do a guessimate.