Corsair HX1050 gold PSU: My criticism

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
So I just bought this Corsair HX1050 Gold power supply to power a 3x7950 comp and everything works fine...BUT I noticed a bit of an annoyance with the fan.

At low loads (like <300), the fan turns off, the PSU then heats up and when it gets to something like 50C (what I read in a review), the fan turns on at full blast to cool itself and slowly ramps down...and this fan at full blast is LOUD (louder than anything else in my comp).

At high loads (in my case about 750w), I'm guessing the fan is constantly running (but not full blast) so I cannot hear it at all...thank goodness it doesn't do the annoying ramp thing constantly at high load because I would have had to return the PSU if that was the case...it is THAT annoying. My Corsair HX620 was thankfully not like that.

So please Corsair, for the next iteration don't have the fan ramp up to full blast at the hint of the tiniest load....have the fan speed more progressive. From what I've read there are others that have the same problem as well.

Hopefully this is some constructive criticism...I really like Corsair products and customer service and will continually buy from them.

Does anyone know if there is some way to provide this feedback to Corsair directly?

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Lol thanks I'll post over there too...didn't even cross my mind to try the corsair forums hahaha...I'm an AT guy through and through. :D